Did you know that …
1. Monday is the most common sick day. Except in Australia, apparently, where the most common sick day is Tuesday.
2. Fridays are the least likely day to be sick. People are much happier and likely to go to work on Fridays. Fridays also tend to be the day where it is more social and positive in the office/workplace.
3. If you work 40 hours a week from age 20-65 you will work just over 90,000 hours in your lifetime.
4. Retail salesperson is the most common job in North America. There are 1.9 million retail salespeople in Canada!
5. Leonardo Da Vinci is credited with writing the first resume.
6. In Germany, employers can require women to wear bras to work. (Yes. This is true!)
7. The Netherlands has the shortest work week in the world at 29 hours per week. That’s a full 11 hours, or a day and a half shorter than in Canada.
8. McDonald’s has 761,000 employees worldwide. Yes. Really!
9. The average office worker spends 50 minutes a day looking for lost files and other items. That’s almost an hour a day!
And I couldn’t leave this little tidbit off the list…
10. “Working for the Weekend” by Loverboy is ranked #100 on VH1′s 100 Greatest Songs of the 80′s.
I hope that some of these tidbits put a smile on your face… Have a great day everyone!
by Anna Bennett, Monthly Blogger for Agilec