Website Belt Conveyor Guarding
HR and Health & Safety Administrator
Reporting to General Manager, the HR and Health & Safety Administrator will provide supporting information and documentation to ensure efficient and safe operations of Belt Conveyor Guarding. The HR and Health & Safety Administrator will be the driving force in providing a healthy and safe environment for workers while providing guidance through the Employment Standards act and Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Skills and Responsibilities:
Onboarding / Offboarding:
· Provide updated Job profiles, Job Descriptions and Employee Contracts as required.
· Able to maintain job postings on sites such as Indeed and screen individuals for General Manager and Supervisor.
· Responsible for scheduling and conducting job interviews.
· Provide Exit Interviews.
· Maintaining the company’s Health Benefit Program including Long Term Benefits.
· Familiar with the Canadian Labour Code and the AODA and update Accessibility annually.
· Maintain employees training matrix and schedule training as required.
· Work with Manager to distribute employee reviews and surveys as required.
· Update Employee Handbook annually and as required.
· Deliver Orientation to new hires.
· Maintain employee records and coordinate Return to Work meetings and issue WSIB injury reports if required.
· Ensure proper personal protective equipment and supplies are ordered.
Health and Safety Management:
· Provide guidance and suggestions for improvement to management to ensure compliances with ESA and OHSA.
· Complete annual WCB reports for Alberta, British Columbia and Newfoundland.
· Coordinate customers and document holding companies that integrate our health and safety to maintain compliances.
· Conduct Job Safety Analysis meetings for technicians prior to them going to job site.
· Provide material and coordinate weekly and monthly safety talks.
· Maintain Health and Safety Statistics.
· Create, revise and maintain company policies.
· Conduct regular Job Hazard Analysis with Supervisor and Joint Health and Safety Committee.
· Based on information from JHA, create general procedures and Safe Operating Procedures.
· With the material provided, will compile Guarding Assessment Reports for customers as required.
· Work with and co-chair Joint Health and Safety meetings by scheduling meetings and updating Corrective Action Log.
· Coordinate safety investigations and create a report.
· Maintain and review Workplace Violence and Harassment Policies and programs including both Mobile and Physical risks.
· Maintain contractor pre-qualifications.
· Work with insurance provider and maintain certificates and issue to customer upon request.
· Maintain contractor log and schedule repairs as required.
· Maintain pre-start checklists for equipment and schedule annual inspections as required.
Education and Technical Requirements:
· 1-3 years experience as an HR Administrator within a manufacturing environment.
· Completed college diploma/ university degree or working equivalent.
· Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and its programs.
· Experience working with HRIS systems.
· Previously worked with document holding companies.
· Must have Joint Health and Safety Committee certification
· Excellent knowledge of ESA and OHSA.
· Working knowledge of current Employment Standards Act and Occupational Health and Safety Act.
· High attention to detail with the ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
· Able to multitask and is very organized.
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to interact with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically and professionally at all times.
· Demonstrates good judgement and discretion to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
· Has dealt with Health Insurance and Liability Insurance Providers.
· Accommodations are available for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
· This position starts at $42K – $45K annually. Increases based on performance.
How to apply:
Email Resume/Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org