Responsible for scanning grocery prices, accepting payment for purchases, and maintaining cleanliness and tidiness of the front end.
• Processes customer purchases by scanning/entering price into cash register and obtaining and processing payment.
• Maintains cash drawer by securing and controlling money levels in cash tray.
• Grade 10 plus or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Good customer service skills
• Basic mathematical skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with staff and customers
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the job
• Lifting weights of 10 – 20 kilograms (bags of dog food, potatoes, onions, cases of pop)
• Standing for long periods of time while at the cash
• Reaching and lifting of grocery items while scanning items (e.g., cases of pop, large bags of potatoes, dog food)
• Exposure to heat, cold and dust due to work location near store entrance/exits
• Exposure to chemicals used to clean conveyer belt, scanner, and food alleys
Start Date: As soon as possible
Posted: May 11th, 2022
Please note this job is posted by Agilec on behalf of an employer. This employer is currently using Agilec’s recruiting services. Agilec is not a temporary nor staffing agency, we are an Employment Ontario Service Provider that offers no cost services to those in the community. Agilec welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.