Website Community Living Trent Highlands
LOOKING FOR A REWARDING CAREER?
We are recruiting part-time Direct Support Professionals to work in our Community Homes in Peterborough, Lindsay & Haliburton
POSITIONS: Permanent Part-time Support Worker, Casual Part-time Support Worker
RESPONSIBILITIES: Support Workers carry out all duties in accordance with established routines of the home or program location. You will be responsible for providing support to persons living with a developmental disability to live, learn, work and participate as a member of the community. You will:
– Carry out regularly assigned / prescribed duties related to the provision of supports.
– Support assessment of the day-to-day needs of people served, implementation of life plans and monitoring the achievement of personal goals and outcomes.
– Provide appropriate personal / physical care, including medication administration and crisis response.
– Liaise with friends and family to address needs of person supported and to share information.
– Support life skills training one-to-one and in groups and provide emotional support.
– Perform housing support duties to maintain a safe, clean and secure environment.
– Minimum one-year post-secondary education in a Human Services (i.e., PSW, etc.); 2-year college diploma/degree in Developmental Service Worker (DSW) or related Human Services preferred.
– Commitment and adherence to CLTH’s Covid-19 vaccination policy requirements.
– Valid Emergency First Aid certificate required.
– Valid Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certification required.
– Must be flexible, able to workdays, evenings, awake overnight shifts, weekdays, weekends, holidays.
– Valid Class G Driver’s License and Acceptable Driver’s Abstract preferred. Those with a G1 or G2 license may be considered as well.
– Proof of valid vehicle insurance including passenger coverage. Access to reliable vehicle is preferred.
– Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening.
– Relevant experience with people living with developmental disability and their families.
– Computer literacy (Microsoft office, e-mail, internet).
If you have most, but not all the above prerequisites, please still consider applying. If you are willing to work toward meeting our requirements, we are willing to consider working with you.
SALARY: Hourly Wage Range $24.90 to $25.36
TO APPLY: Email up-to-date resume and cover letter to email@example.com, or go to CLTH.ca/apply.
How to apply:
Email up-to-date resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org , or go to CLTH.ca/apply.