AON Inc. is looking to hire for a cook position.
Join Our Team and Make a Difference Today!
• ** SIGNING BONUS ****
If you want to make a difference in the lives of older adults, then this is the career opportunity for you. The Gardens of Peterborough are the premier retirement communities in Peterborough and the Kawartha’s. Our caring and highly skilled staff promotes family and community involvement to enrich the lives of our residents.
The Gardens of Peterborough are looking for a part time Cook who will share in our passion for providing quality care and superior levels of service to our residents. As a Cook, we will rely upon you to provide our residents and visitors with high quality, nutritionally balanced meals. You will manage your role efficiently while providing exemplary customer service with kindness and enthusiasm.
• Prepare food for residents following approved recipes and ensuring that portion control, temperature, and food presentation guidelines are adhered to
• Manage food preparation for special seasonal events and catering as required
• Consistently review residents’ regular and therapeutic diets, dietary restrictions, and food allergies and communicate such information to staff
• Maintain required records including menu changes, food orders, delivery receipts, temperature checks etc.
• Ensure appropriate communication occurs within and across departments
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment
• Must have Safe Food Handlers certificate; chef training or a culinary management diploma preferred
• Minimum 2 years cooking experience in a hotel, restaurant, or institutional setting preferred
• Familiarity with therapeutic diets and nutritional standards for seniors an asset
• Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to work as part of a team
• Available to work varied shifts as assigned.
• Shifts range from 6am to 8pm
AON Inc. offers competitive compensation; premiums available for papered Cooks
AON Inc. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities as part of our hiring process. We welcome and thank all applicants; however only those selected for interview will be contacted
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
• Day shift
How to apply:
Via Agilec - email@example.com