Website Aecon Construction Group Ltd.
Reporting to the Auditing Supervisor, the Corrective Action Specialist will be responsible for managing Aecon’s Corrective & Preventative Action program and support the Root-Cause Analysis process. The Corrective Action Specialist, as required, is responsible for initiating Corrective Action Reports and leading efforts to ensure that the required actions are implemented and effective.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage Aecon’s Corrective Action Program
• Initiate Corrective/Preventative Action Reports when requested by any Aecon employee
• Enter Corrective/Preventative Action Reports into the CAR database
• Manage and track the progress of Corrective Action Reports (CAR) to ensure timely completion
• Perform follow-up of the corrective/preventive actions to verify their effectiveness
• Participate as required with the management Review Board
• Provide leadership in root-cause analysis investigation
• Works with Aecon departmental managers and delegates in identifying areas of improvement
• Perform, manage and track the progress of root-cause analysis (RCA) to ensure timely completion
• Participate in Management Review Boards as required
• Oversees Trending of Corrective Actions and Nonconformances, etc.
• Mentor and coach project team members in the use of RCA tools, techniques, nuclear safety culture, etc.
• Develops and facilitates projects to identify and improve project quality
• Maintain proficiency in Root Cause Analysis
Maintain Proficiency By:
• Performing root-cause analysis and maintain a participation log
• Attending training programs specifically related to root-cause analysis
• Demonstrate management of the Corrective/Preventive Action process
• Demonstrate management of the RCA process
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Communicate with Aecon Management, Suppliers and Customers concerning Corrective/Preventive Action Process
• Communicate with Aecon Management, Suppliers and Customers concerning RCA Progress and activities as applicable
• Provide quarterly trending analysis of condition adverse to quality data to Director of Quality and identify opportunities for improvement
• Not applicable
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Demonstrates ability to manage multiple complex projects
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Action-oriented with the ability to deliver timely results
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, oral and written presentation skills
• Experience leading teams to successful results
• Good working knowledge of Aecon Quality Programs, procedures and processes would be an asset
• Knowledgeable and experienced in root-cause analysis would be an asset
• Quality Engineering or Six Sigma experience or accreditation would be an asset
• Not applicable
EXTENT OF PUBLIC CONTACT
• Interact with customers, suppliers as required
• Meet with various trades, shop and site personnel
• Project Management
• Extensive reading
• Due to the nature of work conducted by Aecon, mandated nuclear export controls requirements must be met for employment.
What You’ll Do Here
Drive an inclusive culture to promote equity, welcome different perspectives, and enable career progression by fostering a sense of belonging.
What you will bring to the team
Be a champion of inclusion and diversity.
How to apply:
Via Agilec - email@example.com