Website Maple Leaf Foods (Guelph)
Maple Leaf Foods at 643 Speedvale Ave. W., is accepting applications for the day shift General Labourers within their Prepared Meats Plant which specializes in Lunches, Snacking, & Charcuterie products.
• Monday to Friday with occasional Saturday overtime. Shift times are: 6:30am – 3:00pm & 7:30am – 4:00pm
• Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
• Interact and share information with employees at all levels (Team members, Lead Hands, Supervisors, Others). Actively participates in their work group.
• Actively finds new and improved ways of completing tasks. Is willing to try new things and assume additional responsibilities (assists with changeovers, keeps up with line speed requirements)
• Must be able to handle all food/pork products, stand for an extended period and work in a cold environment
• Employees will receive the necessary training and may be required to complete an evaluation to receive the higher wage rate within this categories progression
• Putting empty trays into the denester and placing appropriate quantities of components into the trays.
• Rotating competently within all positions of the work cell
• Taking an active role in changeover procedures and achieving line speed efficiencies
• Visual quality checks of product against customer and internal specifications (Including foreign materials, weight checks, gas and program settings)
• Ability to maintain cleanliness of areas of responsibility
• Demonstrated ability to wear proper PPE and comply with safety requirements including ensuring power is shut down on equipment prior to specified tasks (Lockout / Tagout may be applicable)
• Frequent reaching and standing are required
• Other duties as assigned
Start Date: As soon as possible
Posted: September 30th, 2022
Please note this job is posted by Agilec on behalf of an employer. This employer is currently using Agilec’s recruiting services. Agilec is not a temporary nor staffing agency, we are an Employment Ontario Service Provider that offers no cost services to those in the community. Agilec welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to apply:
Via Company - email@example.com