Stepping Stone is a community-based agency that believes in the Housing First philosophies and practices. We strive to improve the quality of life for people who are struggling with chronic homelessness, significant mental health issues and substance misuse. Our shelter program provides individuals a place to stay and staff support 24/7, along with wrap-around health care services on site to help people experiencing homelessness transition to housing and successfully stay housed.
Reporting to the Management Team, the Housing Focused Shelter Support Worker is a reliable, emotionally intelligent, responsible, energetic individual who is able to work as a team to support the individuals accessing our Housing Focused Shelter Program using a Housing First approach.
• Passion to support individuals and groups living on a low income who have support needs within a supportive environment.
• Experience in case planning/management with individuals and assisting them in developing life skills.
• Respectful, supportive, and engaging approach to persons with physical disabilities, addictions, mental health and other life challenges
• Experience supporting group activities.
• Must have exemplary emotional intelligence, communication, conflict management, organization and problem-solving skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Suite (Google Docs, Sheets, etc.)
• Ability to work professionally as a team member with staff, participants, and community members.
• Experience working within a non-profit and/or social services environment preferred.
• Ability to work sensitively and effectively with people from various abilities, life situations and cultural backgrounds.
• Current First Aid / CPR certification, Naloxone training and Vulnerable Sector Police Check or willingness to obtain at hiring
• Responsible for individual housing stability and life skills supports.
• Responsible for facilitating community inclusion activities.
• Responsibility to refer, connect and liaise with community supports.
• Core Team Responsibilities such as documenting relevant information according to agency and program requirements including shift logs, incident reports and shelter plan updates.
• Engage in rapport building with individuals while doing on the floor tasks such as meal delivery and bed checks.
• Work to create a safe, supportive, and purpose driven atmosphere and promote cooperation between residents.
• Expertly de-escalate conflict and manage behavioural concerns to ensure a safe environment for all staff and participant.
• Responsible for working in a safe, healthy manner and ensuring safety of the community and participants.
• Responsible for conducting building checks and ensuring safety of the community and participants.
• Flexibility to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, nights, and weekends.
• Work with clients and staff directly on the shelter sites
• Exposed to stress due to dealing with clients in difficult personal circumstances.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Posted: February 7th,2023
Please note this job is posted by Agilec on behalf of an employer. This employer is currently using Agilec’s recruiting services. Agilec is not a temporary nor staffing agency, we are an Employment Ontario Service Provider that offers no cost services to those in the community. Agilec welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to apply:
Via Agilec - firstname.lastname@example.org