The Human Resources Specialist is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources department. The incumbent works with the Department Managers and staff to administer the Company’s Policies and Procedures. The position will oversee the Occupational Health and Safety Program of the Organization, become the liaison for WSIB and manage all incidents. This role will enforce all legislation and regulatory requirements and promote a safe and high-quality workplace. This position will also serve as a resource for management, staff and volunteers in all matters related to Human Resources.
– Plans, organizes, and co-ordinates the operations and activities related to HR operations and functions.
– Interprets HR policies and procedures and recommends effective courses of action.
– Provides leadership and co-ordinates the activities of the HR department to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, policies, and procedures.
– Provides leadership and oversees employee information collection, analysis, and reporting; supervises the input of data and ensures integrity.
– Identifies optimal solutions that meet the needs for the HR functions by recommending process improvements, system enhancements and alternatives based on specific needs.
– Solid knowledge of ADP-WFN and how to process payroll.
Completing bi-weekly payroll in ADP involves various responsibilities to ensure that employee compensation is accurately processed on time.
– Completing monthly commissions payroll in ADP and ensuring it is done with accuracy.
– Reconcile payroll reports and ensure they match financial records.
– Investigate and resolve discrepancies.
– Keep records and documentation related to payroll processing and taxes for audit purposes.
– Identify opportunities to streamline and improve the payroll process within the ADP system.
– Implement best practices to enhance efficiency and accuracy.
– Annual reconciliation of all T4’s and EHT.
– In collaboration with management, fosters a positive work environment through relationships with staff.
– Provides management with support counsel and advice on escalated or high-risk employee related issues.
– Implements an evaluation performance process.
– Provides support and counselling to management involved in a performance coaching process.
– Corresponds with staff, management, and other involved parties (e.g., WSIB, providers, benefit carriers) to ensure any leave is processed accurately and timely.
– Oversees the return to work and re-integration into the work process.
– Reviews accommodation requests and related functional abilities and responds to requests.
– Administrates the Company’s group benefit, Life works and RRSP program, ensuring that the program meets the staff requirements, that they are educated about the benefits, and is running effectively.
– Lead the annual review process.
– Monitors changes in external benefit offering and staff usage, makes recommendations to management for improvements.
Recruitment and Compensation
– In collaboration with Management, develops job descriptions that are clearly defined.
– Manage the process to hire effectively.
– Prepares offer letters and works with the appropriate Manager to negotiate the details for all new hires.
– Performs any required background and reference checks.
– Create and develop an onboarding plan.
– Facilitates job evaluation process.
– Provides advice and counsel on the organization’s compensation.
– Manages relations with recruitment agencies and negotiates rates.
Health and Safety:
– Ensures that the Company is compliant with all applicable health and safety legislation.
– Reviews and implements all Occupational Health and Safety policies.
– Oversees the coordination of health and safety training practices and certificates.
– Is a member on the Joint Health and Safety Committee
– Oversees the social committee functions and all related responsibilities.
– Managing the staff training initiatives (ie., Cultural Competence etc.)
– Update billboard information sites and communication tools
– Bachelor’s degree in human resources management or equivalent.
– Experience in human resources or related field.
– Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues
– Experience in educating and coaching staff.
– Experience in conflict resolution, disciplinary processes and workplace investigations.
– Experience in following and maintaining workplace privacy.
– Ability to give presentations.
– Knowledge of relevant health and safety laws.
– Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
– Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook A MUST
– Competitive wages
– Company paid Health and Dental benefits (we offer a comprehensive benefit package at no cost to the employee)
– Positive open office working environment
– Opportunity for development
– Comprehensive training package, paid training
– Opportunities for personal and professional development
– Monday to Friday work days- HAVE A LIFE OUTSIDE OF WORK
Monthly staff luncheons
– Social committee activities free to all staff
– Staff Employee Assistance program
– Casual dress
– Company events
– Dental care
– Employee assistance program
– Extended health care
– On-site parking
– Paid time off
– Building Supplies Discount
– Vision care
– RRSP Incentives
– Wellness program
– Compensation Based on qualifications and experience
How to apply:
Via Agilec - email@example.com