Canopy Support Services
Who We Are:
At Canopy Support Services, we empower individuals to overcome barriers and live their best lives. Within a welcoming, safe, accessible environment, those with intellectual and developmental disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), and Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) have access to individualized supports, resources, and specialized clinical services.
Taking an individualized approach, we recognize that everyone’s abilities and circumstances are unique, and that they require different supports or solutions to achieve their best quality of life. Our skilled staff work together as a team. Through creativity, strong communication, and collaboration, they empower and inspire confidence in those we serve. We are a capacity building organization. Through planning, evidence-based approaches and proactive measures, we form a stable foundation in the lives of those we support. With knowledge and expertise, we play a part in strengthening our community and its people.
Our primary service area extends across five regions – Northumberland, Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes, Durham, and Haliburton – and is expanding virtually and physically to reach new areas. With a growing team of over 80 dedicated staff, we work with individuals of all ages to support them in different stages of their lives.
At Canopy Support Services, people are listened to, supported, and empowered. We find individualized solutions that build on strengths, and are inspired by best practice and rooted in community. Together, we build capacity, forming a stable foundation in the lives of those we support.
What We Can Offer You:
• Being a part of an engaged and caring work place
• Contributing to our Strategic Directions and FOCUS Accreditation standards
• Strong work/life balance with a work week of 35 hours with emphasis on working some evenings
• Ability to work virtually, as available, pension and benefits package
• An agency culture founded on our core values of Caring Community, Safety, Transparency, Accountability, Continuous Learning and Collaboration
What We Will Ask of You: As a key member of our Autism Services team, our Instructor Therapist plays an important role. On most days you’ll be providing direct one-to-one and small group teaching to children/youth with ASD using the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) in a variety of settings, including clinic-based and home-based locations. You’ll be regularly designing and monitoring your implemented behaviour intervention plans to ensure desired treatment outcomes are achieved from the child/youth and family goals. The Instructor Therapist collaborates with the Clinical Supervisors and
Behaviour Consultants to ensure that best practices are followed and quality service is delivered while enhancing the overall quality of life and independence for individual’s accessing services.
Primary Responsibilities: (if you are on the Autism Services team)
• Provide direct one-to-one and small group teaching Applied Behavioural Analysis -based services and supports to young children with autism.
• Create various visual/virtual and engaging teaching materials
• Accurately monitor the learner’s progress and program effectiveness through data collection
• Participate in treatment planning and reporting under the supervision of Board Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA)
• Attend weekly team meetings
• Enter detailed service notes in EMHware
• Receive guidance from the Clinical Supervisor and Behaviour Consultants
• Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field (e.g., autism and behavioural science, psychology, early childhood education).
• Registered Behaviour Technician Certificate is considered an asset.
• Previous experience working with children or youth with Autism Spectrum Disorder population is considered an asset.
• Eagerness to participate in and successfully complete a comprehensive training program.
• Experience writing clinical reports and making evidence based recommendations.
• Compassionate and responsible supporter of people, their families, and community partners.
• Commitment to maximize resources and improve people’s quality of life.
• Ability to work flexible hours.
• Computer proficiency and excellent communication skills.
• A valid driver’s license and insurance, access to a reliable vehicle and ability to drive in various weather conditions.
We look forward to having a person who shares our passion and commitment to developmental services join us!
We will review applications as they are received until we find our successful candidate. We thank you for your interest and those selected to participate in the selection process will be contacted. Accommodation in accordance with applicable legislation will be provided for all employment related activities, Canopy Support Services is an equal opportunity employer!
How to apply:
Via Agilec - email@example.com