Responsible for the set up and operation of Hydraulic and Mechanical presses.
Coordinates production scheduling of Draw department presses. Manages manufacturing capabilities to meet the needs of the customer, while maintaining product quality and production efficiencies in labour and material. Determines production requirements and schedules resources to provide continuous and efficient production. Coordinates collection and production of performance metrics for all shifts.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Set up double acting hydraulic presses, load and unload dies and prepare dies, tighten dies, location of dies, set up of mechanical presses and shears.
2. Troubleshoot equipment.
3. Quality Control of products produced.
4. Troubleshoot process and equipment issues to resolve quality issues.
5. Operate Tow motor.
6. Maintain highest level of safety in the area, ensuring guards and safety devices are in place. Promote and demonstrate safe working practices.
7. Co-ordinate production scheduling with the Plant Manager.
8. Review quality data, and leads to resolve quality issues and problems.
9. Review production orders, then determines, plans, and schedules own production while maintaining efficiency at the highest possible level utilizing the most cost-efficient means.
10. Communicates with Team Leads on a continuing basis to assure compliance with assignments, production goals, policies, procedures and quality standards.
11. Compiles and prepares various reports including units produced.
12. Responsible to ensure work areas are kept clean and orderly and safe at all times.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.