AJAX – EL/ML
JOB TITLE: Animal Care Operations Manager
* Lead and manage Walkers/Sitters to ensure they are supported and perform duties properly, ensuring accountability
* Manage daily Walker/Sitter schedules using Time to Pet Software system
* Onboard and train new Walkers/Sitters and provide updates on performance to owner
* Work with owner to identify behavior, training, and handling topics for Walker/Sitter training
* Lead efforts to develop and implement new best practices, processes, protocols & systems
* Create and present staff training presentations, lessons, and activities to the team, and help oversee staff implementation of learning in day-to-day work
* Create and implement a staff training program and manual for new hires
* On-board new clients and co-ordinate meet and greets with Walkers/Sitters
* Manage customer relations/services
* Recruit, hire and manage dog walking and pet sitting staff
* Give verbal and written warnings and/or notices to staff as needed
* Is accountable and responsible for business operations and staff
* Adheres to ethical business practices and conforms to the highest standards of ethical behavior, integrity and honesty.
* Takes initiative to ensure smooth business functions
* Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Maintains confidentiality of all business and client related information.
* Will be expected to show a measurable improvement in KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), including in scheduling, improved route planning, and increases in revenues and profits.
SKILLS: People Management, Operations Management, Sales
* Dogs lover of all sizes and temperaments.
* Dog training certification a definite asset
* Self-aware and well spoken
* Excellent customer service mentality.
* Proficient with computers and tech savvy.
* Superior organizational skills and will complete tasks in a timely manner
* Ability to remain calm and focused in stressful situations
* Ability to remain neutral and mediate in situations that may arise
* A well-rounded team player that is willing to learn and help wherever needed
* Has a valid Ontario driver’s license with a clean driving record
* Has own insured and reliable vehicle
* Has a smartphone
* Will be required to sit for long periods of time and operate a computer/keyboard
* Will be required to have the visual acuity to read small print and view a computer monitor
* Will be required to speak to and listen to client requests on the phone
* Will be required to interact with clients, team members
* Will be rarely required to interact with pets
* Will be required to supervise team members
HOURS: M-F, 20/hr week
PAY: $40-50k depending on exp. w/ commission incentives available
* Primarily WFH
* Communication Skills – written and oral
* Excellent customer service
How to apply: