AJAX – EL/ML
JOB TITLE: Porter
* Maintain a clean and neat appearance
* Undergo job specific and company safety training
* Maintain confidentiality of all company policies and procedures
* Continually review duties with the object of reducing cost and increasing profitability without loss of standard.
* Clean tables in eating areas as needed to maintain a clean and orderly eating area.
* Assist anywhere else in the kitchen during production as needed.
* Follows principles of sanitation and safety in handling food and equipment.
* Ensure good order and maintenance of all equipment by immediately reporting any deficiencies to management/supervisors.
* Receives and put away the supply orders accurately and in a timely manner.
* Rotates the stock using FIFO method and all HACCP regulations.
* Scrapes food from dirty dishes and washes them by hand or places them in racks or on conveyor to dishwashing machine.
* Washes pots, pans, and trays, sweeps and mops kitchen floors, washes worktables, walls, refrigerators, and meat blocks.
* Segregates and removes trash and garbage and places it in designated containers, cleans out garage cans, take compost and all recycling out to appropriate bins.
* Washes and peels vegetables and other food as directed by cook or designate.
* May be required to clean staff washrooms.
* Complete daily pot sink sanitizing log and report any issues to Management.
* Complete receiving temp log as required and report any issues to Management.
* May be required to perform fridge temp checks and record in appropriate log, report any issues to Management.
* Fill out all logs bringing any discrepancies to your Manager immediately.
* Follow opening, closing and cleaning checklists.
SKILLS: Food Service General Labour
* Preference will be given to individuals who have previous experience in the food services industry.
* Exceptional communications skills and ability to get along well with others.
* Must be physically able to lift and transfer heavy, hot items and stand/walk for majority of shift.
HOURS: 30 hrs/week max, must be available weekends
* Previous food service experience and Food Safety Training Certificate an asset.
* Flexible work hours
How to apply: