The Project Manager reports to the Manager of Project Management, to support a range of cross-functional projects in operations related to strategic initiatives, new business development, third-party manufacturing, product launches, process improvements, and manufacturing compliance at Septodont/Novocol Pharma manufacturing sites, based out of the Cambridge location.
Manages activities and leads operations projects from specification to turnover, for processes and equipment, outside of routine production, and related to the following business drivers:
• new business development (e.g. Novocol Pharma or other Septodont Group companies)
• third-party manufacturing,
• technology transfer,
• product launches,
• process improvements,
• inter-site harmonization,
• manufacturing compliance.
• Supports Manager of Project Management and Director of Project Management in project administration for crossfunctional teams throughout project lifecycles to achieve project goals according to business objectives, timelines,
and budgets. Works closely with others in positions such as Production Managers, Process Specialists/Engineers,
Project Specialists/Engineers, and departmental Project Leaders to deliver projects.
• Facilitates collaboration between suppliers, customers, and subject matter experts throughout project life cycles.
Corresponds with external contractors, vendors, and other third parties according to project requirements.
• Generates and maintains project charters, action plans, project schedules, resource planning and tracking
documents, meeting minutes, presentations, reports, and other project-related documentation.
• Authors protocols and executes various studies, such as production trials, technology transfer studies, and
qualification studies according to established policies and procedures. Participates in the analyses, interpretations
and conclusions, and generates reports.
• Ensures that project time and material expenditures are validated and tracked against operating budgets for
assigned projects and reconciles discrepancies.
• Reports project metrics for business development reviews, Balanced Scorecard updates, and SR&ED reporting.
• Ensures related department records, specifications, batch records, and SOPs are kept in compliance with
Company, Health Canada/FDA (and other regulatory as applicable), health and safety, and legal requirements.
• Follows safety rules and regulations and reports any workplace injuries or accidents immediately.
• Maintains a high level of pharmaceutical and regulatory compliance in all aspects of work.
• Works harmoniously with all fellow employees.
• Models the Company Mission, Vision, and Values statements, policies, and current standard business practices.
• Performs other related duties as required by the Project Manager or Project Leader, Operations.
• Bachelor of Science or Engineering / Engineering Science degree from a recognized academic institution is a
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or similar project management training preferred. Lean
manufacturing experience is an asset.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in leading projects or initiatives in a manufacturing environment, preferably in
• Ability to work in and lead multi-disciplinary teams and work independently. Ability to contemporaneously support
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. Effective meeting facilitation and presentation
• Demonstrates initiative, ownership, effective problem-solving, self-motivation, and is a team player.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Project, Excel, Word, Visio, and PowerPoint.
• Professional Engineer designation preferred.
• Able to periodically travel internationally in support of projects when required.
• Ability to motivate and train others.
What we offer
Excellent compensation/benefits package.
Bonus and reward programs
Discounted gym memberships
Programs supporting work life balance
Employee recognition program
Professional and personal development programs
Social events and spirit days
The due date for Internal Applicants to apply for this role is until July 11, 2022.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be corresponding only with those selected for an interview.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, we are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment and selection process.
Recruitment Fraud – please be aware of recruitment fraud. Novocol Pharmaceutical of Canada Inc. will never ask for banking information, money or any personal information up front. We will only respond to official applications submitted through our careers site. In addition, we will only use official corporate e-mail addresses (septodont.com or novocolpharma.com) to communicate with applicants. Should you be contacted without submitting an application, please delete the message and advise your e-mail provider.
How to apply:
Via Agilec - firstname.lastname@example.org