Camp Kawartha is an award-winning organization whose mission is to foster positive stewards of our natural and human communities. We are continuing to find creative ways of incorporating stewardship into the culture of our summer camp.
We are seeking a motivated youth with an interest in mental health and the health benefits of nature connection. The Wellness Specialist will be providing positive experiences to our campers and staff by focusing on mindfulness, sensory awareness and time spent in our healing gardens and nature trails.
Contract: June 20th – August 18th, 2022 (9 weeks) with a possible extension until the end of August
Wage: $16 per hour for 30 hours per week.
This position is funded through Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ). To be eligible,
applicants must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment.
Scope of the Position
• Appointed by the Executive Director and Summer Camp Director as a Wellness Specialist to positive experiences to promote mental health, such as mindfulness, walks, gardening, nature connection and yoga. Receives leadership, direction and supervision from the Health Care Coordinator and Summer Camp Director.
• The Wellness Specialist will be part of our Health Care Team and will focus on
promoting mental health for our campers and staff. They will help to design programs and activities to facilitate positive mental health. They’ll work with our environmental coordinator on ways to use nature connection, meditation and our gardens as way to improve camper’s and staff resiliency and well being. The Wellness Specialist will also assist our Health Care Coordinator morning staff meetings, meeting parents and dealing with camper health concerns.
• Strong work ethic, dependable, positive attitude, self-motivated, team-oriented, effective communicator and flexible; adapting to new environments in a positive and meaningful way.
• Acquainted with issues related to mental health. Intereted in pursuing a career in Health Care.
• Value nature and nature connection
• Valid driver’s licence and clean driver’s abstract is preferred or reliable transportation to work is a must.
• Criminal record check and vulnerable sector clearance approval is a must.
• Able to deal with stressful situations in a calm, professional and courteous manner.
• Upholds and champions the mission of Camp Kawartha
• Courteous, dependable, hard-working and a team player.
• High School/College or University graduate in a related field.
• Basic knowledge and interest in mental health and physical health
• Understand the need for confidentiality regarding health information of campers and staff
Credentials (certificates, licenses, courses, etc.)
• Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
• The camp will provide opportunities for training in all these areas if necessary.
• Standard First Aid and CPR Level C an asset
Work Conditions & Physical Capabilities
• Work is in full view of the public; some exposure to the elements.
Note: This job does not involve therapy or therauptic interventions.
Please email a resume and covering letter identifying the position you are applying for to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in Camp Kawartha. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Camp Kawartha is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. The Camp will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Camp Kawartha is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the diversity of our camp community including differences in race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity. We welcome candidates representing such diversity.
How to apply:
Via Agilec - email@example.com