WestRock - Midland
WestRock partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s team members support customers around the world from locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
The WestRock Midland facility is looking for a Quality Manager to work with the Quality team. This position reports to the Regional Quality Director Canada and DR and is an integral part of the management team to ensure compliance with Quality systems.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Facilitates development, implementation and compliance of Quality Systems and Food Safety Management System.
- Facilitates customer and third party audits.
- Provides development and training of management in quality system and quality improvement tools.
- Participates actively as a member of quality teams.
- Facilitates and participates in quality meetings (i.e., customer walkabouts, ALC, etc.).
- Provides supervision to others through motivation, direction, review or feedback of assigned tasks related to quality systems and tools.
- Provides technical assistance to production departments.
- Directs and product/process corrective action process.
- Tracks, analyzes, and leads initiatives for all internal quality and customer complaint issues in packaging.
- Locates, evaluates, purchases, and implements technology to promote continuous control over product specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished product.
- Formulates and maintains quality control objectives and coordinates objectives with production.
- Works closely with plant management team and regional Quality teams to maximize product quality and reliability and to minimize cost.
- Plans, promotes, and organizes training activities related to product quality and reliability.
- Responsible for following QMS and FSMS procedures and documentation.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
- College or University Degree with 3 years’ minimum experience in quality or an Associate’s degree in a technical field and ASQ CQE/CQA preferred.
- Must be familiar with ISO 9001 and FSSC 22000 standards and process FMEA, Control Plans and Feasibility assessments.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Must have ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Must pass color vision and color hue tests.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, WestRock will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact WestRock, Human Resources at 416-940-2421 about your needs, and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided. For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact Human Resources.
WestRock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to create and maintain a diverse workforce where everyone feels valued, respected, and included. WestRock does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
How to apply: