WestRock - Midland
Description & Requirements
WestRock partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s team members support customers around the world from locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
The Ajax packaging facility, where this position is based, is one of the leading employers in Ajax and Durham Region. We provide innovative packaging solutions to the beverage market and serve name brand customers such as Coca Cola, Pepsi, Anheuser Bush, Labatt and Molson to name a few. We are currently recognized as the Coca-Cola Supplier of the Year in Canada.
The Ajax facility is currently recruiting for a Certified Industrial Mechanic Millwright 433A to join our Maintenance Team. This position reports to the Maintenance Manager.
Consideration will also be made for applicants holding of one of the following License: 430A Tool and Die Maker or 429A General Machinist.
- Troubleshoot problems on plant equipment and facilitates and determines maintenance requirements. Ability to go to root cause of problems. Perform proper follow up on repairs to implement long term solutions;
- Responds to breakdowns on plant equipment, facilities and buildings. Ability to determine the need for temporary solutions or permanent solutions based on time constraints given by production;
- Performs preventative maintenance techniques and ensures regular checks and lubrication on all equipment;
- Assists with the installation of plant equipment and occasionally assists in equipment design;
- Ability to handle heavy Industrial equipment safely;
- Assists in the development of the plant occupational health and safety program.
What you need to work at WestRock:
- Grade 12 High school diploma
- Certified Industrial Millwright 433A license (or 430A /429A )
- Experienced and skilled on all maintenance equipment – Lathe, Welder, Milling Machine, Drill Presses, Cutting Tools
- 3-5 years working in a manufacturing environment
- Basic knowledge of Computer applications (e.g. Microsoft ) and CMMS
- Safety and Quality mindset
- Positive, can-do attitude/Initiative
- Flexibility to work 12-hour rotating shifts, weekends
Why work with WestRock:
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety, and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
As a global company, you will find our boxes worldwide! Next time you get a box, turn it around and see if you can find the WestRock stamp!
Please apply to www.westrock.com/careers.
WestRock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to create and maintain a diverse workforce where everyone feels valued, respected, and included. WestRock does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
How to apply: