Terms and Conditions
By using our website and/or purchasing our services, you are indicating your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions apply variously to the use of our website and to purchases of services such as training from Agilec.
Agilec may anonymize and use information you provide through our website for purposes such as promotion and/or research.
Purchases of Services and Training
Registration and Password
If you have a password allowing access to a non-public area of the website, you are prohibited from:
- disclosing or sharing your password with any third parties, or
- using your password for any unauthorized purpose.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your information and password (if provided). You are responsible for all uses of your registration, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify Agilec of any unauthorized use of your registration or password.
Cancellations and Refunds
An administrative fee of 10% will be deducted from any paid training registrations.
Requests for cancellation(s) must be made by emailing your request to email@example.com. All cancellation requests must be received before 4:00 pm ET within the following timeframe:
- Webinars – Cancellation requests must be received two business days prior to the webinar date.
- In-Person Training (Individual) – Cancellation requests must be received 10 business days prior to the start of training.
- Group Training – Cancellation requests must be received 30 days prior to the date of delivery.
- Online Training – Cancellations will be subject to an account review. Refunds for cancellation requests received after an account has been accessed will be pro-rated based on the information accessed.
- Resume/Document Writing Service – All sales are final. There is no trial or grace period after purchasing the resume/document writing service. Like any writing project, there will be multiple drafts and revisions. Agilec writers will work with you throughout the revision period until you are satisfied with your documents. As a result, there are no refunds once the resume/document writing service has been purchased.
- Outplacement or Career Transition Services – All sales are final. There is no trial or grace period after purchasing outplacement or career transition services. There is no guarantee of employment when purchasing these services.
- Exam Invigilation – Cancellation requests require a notice of one business day. No-shows and cancellation made outside of this time period will be charged a $25 cancellation fee, per exam.
Refunds will be issued within two weeks after receipt of the written notice.
Transfer Your Registration
Please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you intend to transfer your registration to another person. Supply us with that person’s name and contact information including their email address. The substitute delegate will be required to pay any difference in registration rate.
It is the responsibility of the attendee to confirm system requirements and test their computer systems prior to the start of any on-line offering. If a technical failure at the attendee’s home or workplace prevents access to the program or service purchased, the attendee will not be given a refund.
In Case of Inclement Weather or Emergency Cancellation
In certain instances (e.g. weather, trainer illness, etc.) it may be necessary for Agilec to cancel a scheduled offering. In the event of inclement weather/emergency cancellations, registrants will be contacted immediately by phone, email, and/or fax and will be provided with information and instructions for re-scheduling and/or refund.
Scheduled offerings with insufficient registration may be subject to cancellation. If so, registrants will be notified at least 48 business hours prior to scheduled training date and given a priority status for re-registration in another class.
Job Posting Services
Agilec is not an employer or agent of an employer or candidate for employment with respect to any individual or entity using this website. Agilec is not responsible for any employment decisions made by any individual or entity posting jobs on the website.
As a user, you are responsible for your own communications and the consequences of your posting. You must not, and by using this website you agree not to, do the following things:
- Post material that is copyrighted, unless you are the copyright owner or have the permission of the copyright owner to post it;
- Post material that reveals trade secrets, unless you own them or have the permission of the owner;
- Post material that infringes on intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others;
- Post material that is obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, or embarrassing to another user or any other person or entity;
- Post a sexually-explicit image or statement;
- Post advertisements or solicitations of business, including chain letters or pyramid schemes;
- Impersonate another person;
- Post any incomplete, false, or inaccurate information about your company;
- Post any franchise, pyramid scheme, “club membership”, distributorship, or sales representative agency arrangement or other business opportunity which requires an upfront or periodic payment, pays commissions only (no significant salary), requires recruitment of other members, sub-distributors, or sub-agents;
- Or post material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines or engines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data or information.
Using Content Posted by Others
Agilec does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of communications posted by users or endorse any opinions expressed by users. You acknowledge that any reliance on material posted by other users will be at your own risk.
Agilec acts as a passive conduit for the online distribution and publication of user-submitted information and has no obligation to screen communications or information in advance and is not responsible for screening or monitoring material posted by users. If notified by a user of communications which allegedly do not conform to these Terms and Conditions, Agilec may investigate the allegation and determine in good faith and its sole discretion whether to remove or request the removal of the communication. Agilec has no liability or responsibility to users for performance or non-performance of such activities. Agilec reserves the right to expel users and prevent their further access to the website for violating the Terms and Conditions or the law and the right to remove communications which are abusive, illegal, or disruptive. Agilec may take any action with respect to user-submitted information that it deems necessary or appropriate in its sole discretion if it believes it may create liability for Agilec or may cause Agilec to lose (in whole or in part) the services of its ISPs or other suppliers.
The Job Posting Service acts as a venue for employers to post job opportunities. Agilec does not screen or censor the listings offered, and has no control over the quality, safety, or legality of the jobs or resumes posted, the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of employers to offer job opportunities to candidates or the ability of candidates to fill job openings. There are risks, including but not limited to the risk of physical harm, of dealing with strangers, foreign nationals, underage persons, or people acting under false pretenses. You assume all risks associated with dealing with other users with whom you come in contact through the website.
Agilec cannot and does not confirm that each user is who they claim to be. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more users, you release Agilec (and our related corporations, together with our former, current, and future officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers) from claims, demands, and damages (contractual and extra-contractual, actual and consequential, direct and indirect, punitive) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
We are under no legal obligation to, and generally do not, control the information posted by users. By its very nature, other people’s information may be offensive, harmful, or inaccurate, and in some cases will be mislabeled or deceptively labeled. We advise you to use caution and common sense when using this website.
Agilec may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this posting.
Agilec may terminate, change, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of our website, including
(i) changing the availability of any features;
(ii) instituting or changing fees or charges for use of the website or any website-related services or features;
(iii) removing, adding, or modifying any website content; or
(iv) imposing limits on certain features and services or restricting your access to parts or all of our website
without notice or liability for any reason whatsoever.
Our website is intended for lawful use by individuals seeking employment and career information and by employers seeking employees. Users may not use the website to transmit, distribute, store, or destroy material (a) in violation of any applicable law or regulation, (b) in a manner that will infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property rights of others or violate the privacy, publicity, or other personal rights of others, or (c) that is defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive, or hateful.
Notwithstanding the above, the following actions and/or uses are expressly forbidden:
- Reselling, assigning, or making unauthorized commercial use of the website, its contents, or your associated rights or obligations.
- Deleting or revising any material posted by any other person or entity.
- Using any device, software, or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the website or any activity being conducted on the website.
- Taking any action which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the website’s infrastructure.
- Attempting to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the website.
- Aggregating, copying, or duplicating in any manner any of the materials or information available from the website.
- Framing of or linking to any of the materials or information available from the website.
- Violating or attempting to violate the security of the website, including, without limitation,
- Accessing data not intended for such user or logging into a server or account which the user is not authorized to access,
- Attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization,
- Attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the website, overloading, “flooding”, “spamming”, “mailbombing”, or “crashing”,
- Sending unsolicited e-mail, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services, or
- Forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting.
Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. Agilec will investigate occurrences which may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations. Agilec may disclose information if it believes that it is necessary to do so to comply with any legal requirements, protect the rights of Agilec, or protect the safety of users of this site or the general public.
Links to Other Sites
Our website contains links to third-party websites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to users and not as an endorsement by Agilec of the contents of such third-party sites. If you decide to access linked third-party Websites, you do so at your own risk.
Intellectual Property Rights
“Intellectual Property Rights” means any and all rights, existing from time to time in any jurisdiction throughout the world under patent law, copyright law, moral rights law, trade-secret law, semiconductor chip protection law, trademark law, unfair competition law, or other similar laws or rights throughout the world (including, without limitation, all patents, patents applications and utility models, copyrights, mask work rights, trade secrets, or any other intellectual property or industrial property or similar rights), in, to, arising out of, or associated with any of the following: (i) trade secrets, proprietary information, and technology, including ideas, research and development, know-how, compositions, service processes and techniques, technical data, designs, specifications, pricing and cost information, and business and marketing plans and proposals; (ii) works of authorship, copyrights, mask works, copyright and mask work registrations and applications; (iii) industrial designs and any registrations and applications therefore; (iv) trade names, logos, trademarks and service marks; trademark and service mark registrations and applications; (v) patents, applications for patents wherever registered; (vi) computer software, databases and data collections (including knowledge databases, customer lists and customer databases); and (vii) translations, adaptations, derivative works, and combinations thereof, including goodwill associated with any of the foregoing, along with all claims and causes of action of any kind with respect to any of the foregoing, whether now known or hereafter to become known.
Unless otherwise expressly agreed to in writing, all Intellectual Property Rights in and to any intellectual property (in any form or media, and including copies) associated with or made available through this website shall remain the exclusive property of Agilec.
By submitting content to any public or non-public area of the website, you grant Agilec and its affiliates the loyalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers), non-exclusive right (including any moral rights) and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, communicate to the public, perform, and display the content (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content. You also warrant that the holder of any rights, including moral rights in such content, has completely and effectively waived all such rights and validly and irrevocably granted to you the right to grant the license stated above. You also permit any subscriber to access, display, view, store, and reproduce such content for personal use. Subject to the foregoing, the owner of such content placed on the website retains any and all rights that may exist in such content.
Disclaimer or Consequential Damages
Agilec does not warrant that the website will operate error-free or that the website and its server are free of computer viruses or other harmful mechanisms. If your use of the website or the material results in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, Agilec is not responsible for any costs.
The website and material are provided on an “as is” basis without any warranties of any kind. Agilec, to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied, including the warranty of merchantability, quality, fitness for particular purpose, and non-infringement. Agilec makes no warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the material, services, software, text, graphics, and links.
In no event shall Agilec, its related corporations, together with its former, current, and future officers, directors, employees, agents, and suppliers, or any third parties mentioned on the website be liable for any damages whatsoever, whether for bodily, moral, or material injury (including, without limitation, indirect, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption) resulting from the use or inability to use the website and the material, whether based on warranty, contractual, or extra-contractual liability, or any other legal theory, and whether or not Agilec is advised of the possibility of such damages.
Limitation of Liability
The aggregate liability for Agilec to you for all claims arising from the use of the website is limited to $100.
Agilec reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to pursue all legal remedies, including but not limited to deletion of your postings from this website and immediate termination of your registration or ability to access the website and/or any other service provided to you by Agilec, upon any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions or if Agilec is unable to verify or authenticate any information you submit to the website.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Agilec, its officers, directors, employees, and agents, from and against any claims, actions, or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees (judicial and extra-judicial), alleging or resulting from your use of the website or your breach of the terms of these Terms and Conditions.
Sign up to receive our emails containing the latest news and information.
By submitting this form, you give consent for Agilec to contact you through the email provided. Your email is safe with us. We will never sell or share your personal information to third parties. You may unsubscribe from our emails at any time.