Ajax, ON (January 18, 2017) - After eight successful years delivering Job Search Workshops (JSW) for Newcomer Youth, it is with regret that we inform you the program will be ending March 31, 2017. Delivering this program in partnership with IRCC was an honour and would not have been possible without the support of all our community partners and friends.
Since its inception in 2008, the JSW program for Newcomer Youth has:
- Provided workshops to 829 newcomer youth
- Developed, piloted, and delivered a unique youth-specific curriculum
- Provided assessment services to 849 newcomer youth
- Initiated a Work Skills program (Summer 2016) that supported 29 youth, 10 of which have secured employment
- Been an active voice in the community advocating for the needs of newcomer youth
- Served newcomer youth throughout the region
- Reached out to youth in the places where they live and play
Agilec will continue to support Newcomer Youth in the Ajax community through delivery of Employment Services and Youth Job Link programs, funded by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
If you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to contact us here.
With great thanks and respect,
Sobia Ahmad & Aneesa Hussain