Northern Lights Canada recently attended the 2013 EmployABILITY Awards hosted by the Durham Region EmployAbility Network (DREN) and was honoured to receive three awards for the work we do through our Vocational Rehabilitation division.
The award dinner was held on October 3rd to kick off National Disability Employment Awareness Month.
The EmployABILITY Awards recognize:
- People who, despite a substantial barrier to employment, successfully obtained and maintained competitive employment.
- Businesses and employers for their efforts in removing barriers and hiring people with disabilities.
- Service providers for their commitment to move persons with disabilities from job preparation to job placements.
- Volunteers who give their time to assist persons with disabilities and the removal of barriers.
- Media personalities or groups that promote stories on either individuals with disabilities or businesses that have made their premises accessible.