Instructor: Crystal Dolliver
|Mental Health First Aid is an evidence-based program of The Mental Health Commission of Canada. This Certification helps you recognize the signs and symptoms of a mental health problem or crisis so that you can effectively respond with a confident conversation and guide with appropriate resources and support. Training includes certification from the Mental Health Commission of Canada and manual.
|Recognize these signs and symptoms:
· Substance misuse and substance-related disorders
· Mood-related disorders, including depression and bipolar
· Anxiety and trauma-related disorders, including panic attacks and post-traumatic stress disorder
· Psychotic disorders, including schizophrenia
Learn how to handle these situations:
· Overdosing, signs and symptoms, as well as what to do until a healthcare professional arrives
· Assisting someone who is at a risk of suicide
· Acute stress reactions including panic attacks and how you can assist
· Psychotic episodes and what you need to know
Participants are expected to complete an e-learning module (2 hours) from the Mental Health Commission of Canada before attending webinars. The instructor will send access codes for these modules before the course. Participants receive an electronic certificate when they have completed this course, which they will need to send to the instructor before starting the live webinars.
Date(s) - 07/02/2023 - 08/02/2023
12:30 pm - 4:00 pm