Instructor: Crystal Dolliver
Motivational Interviewing (MI) is an approach designed to overcome ambivalence and support clients to develop and build their own argument for a particular change. MI is a client-centred approach which is simple but not easy. It requires knowledge in both MI and the Stages of Change model, along with the development of a specific set of skills through practice. Agilec has extensive experience implementing MI in employment programs and services. This experience has resulted in the creation of three levels of MI training and coaching that is tailored to learners.
Pre-requisite: Motivational Interviewing Foundational – Level One
Level #2 – Motivational Interviewing and Micro Skills (Two-Day Training)
In Level #2 training, the learner will build on their knowledge of discord and resistance, develop skill competency and practice motivational interviews.
Level #2 training will include:
- Navigating the motivational conversation by applying the four processes and spirit of MI
- Using the skills of motivational interviewing, or the OARS through practice
- Recognizing and responding to change talk
- Evoking an individual’s inner wisdom using 9 strategies
- Knowing when to move into planning
- MI practice and feedback
*Desk aids will be provided to support easy access to information post-training
Date(s) - 25/02/2021
10:00 am - 12:00 pm