Denny's Bus Lines
Perform skilled mechanical work in diagnosing, repairing and maintaining a variety of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems on all Denny’s Bus Lines vehicles (School Bus, Motor Coach, Mini Coach, Activity Bus Vans/Sedans) and required equipment; perform preventive maintenance duties; and perform a variety of technical and safety tasks. The Mechanics also oversee the work of Mechanic Apprentices.
• Perform scheduled (Preventative Maintenance) and unscheduled maintenance and repairs of school buses and motor coaches
• Complete diagnostic tests and test repaired equipment for proper performance
• Conduct vehicle safety inspections and safety testing
• Complete work orders in an accurate and timely manner i.e. upon project completion and hand in to Foreman at end of shift
• Complete Work Status Report, at the end of the shift, for review/use by the next shift of staff
• Maintain accurate records of work both manually and using a computerized program.
• Promote and maintain safe working conditions and adherence to occupational Health & Safety Regulations
• Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation
• Attend to Road Service Calls as required
• Required to participate on the on call schedule
• Coaching and training of Mechanic Apprentices
• Perform other mechanical repair work as required, including other duties as assigned.
• 5 years’ experience maintaining and repairing commercial vehicles, equipment, and machinery including leading preventative maintenance programs, safety inspection and annual maintenance inspections
• A valid G-Level Ontario Driver’s Licence
• A valid 310T licence
• A good working knowledge of the English language (verbal and written)
• Strong organizational skills as well as proven problem solving abilities including the ability to diagnose problems and make decisions on work required
• Ability to think outside of the box and to apply common sense principles
• A collaborative approach, positive attitude and willingness to learn
• Safety conscious. Knowledge of and adherence to Health and Safety Mechanic Shop requirements
• Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
• Possession of a valid 310S licence is an asset (or willingness to obtain, if requested)
• Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 12kg, frequently lift and/or move up to 23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 45kg. Physical dexterity is essential as are hearing and listening abilities.
• Possess and maintain own hand tools required for the job
Start Date: ASAP
Posted: November 3rd ,2023
Please note this job is posted by Agilec on behalf of an employer. This employer is currently using Agilec’s recruiting services. Agilec is not a temporary nor staffing agency, we are an Employment Ontario Service Provider that offers no cost services to those in the community. Agilec welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to apply:
Via Agilec - Fergus@agilec.ca