Website Bayview Flowers
Bayview Flowers is looking for a dynamic, knowledgeable, and strategic HR leader to join our team and enthusiastically take on the role of managing our most valued asset – our people!
ABOUT BAYVIEW FLOWERS
Established in 1948, Bayview Flowers grows and distributes a large variety of flowers and floral goods throughout North America. Our company is dedicated to providing superior products and offering quality services that are aligned with top industry standards. Working in partnership with our consumers and suppliers, we ensure that the customer receives the best value for their money and is consistently satisfied with our products. At Bayview, we strive to operate within the integrity of our values which include prioritizing our clients, providing unparalleled servicethrough continuous innovationand strategic growth, achieving market leadership and competitive differentiation, and committing to the recognition and support of our staff members.
Reporting to the President, the Senior Human Resources (HR) Manager is responsible for successfully managing and executing all operational HR functions across Bayview’s various departments/divisions and acting as a strategic business partner to ensure HR policies, procedures, and systems support and align with organizational values, goals and objectives. The Senior HR Manager must proactively oversee employee relations including recruitment, training, performance and compensation; compliance and risk management; policy and culture development; HR administration; and HR planning.
Health & Safety, Compliance & Risk Management
- Create, implement and administer health and safety policies, programs and initiatives for all departments and divisions at Bayview.
- Oversee the Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) and conduct monthly meetings to discuss and address health and safety concerns, issues and/or inquiries.
- Conduct risk assessments to identify potential hazards and proactively implement appropriate controls and/or safety improvement plans as needed.
- Maintain all records, reports and documents related to health and safety (i.e. OSHA-required data, incident reports, compliance orders, etc.); complete MOL claims when required.
- Address employee concerns and conduct workplace investigations in accordance with company policy.
- Actively promote and champion a culture that values the health and safety of all stakeholders.
- Coordinate and assist with the recruitment and selection process (i.e. drafting job descriptions, posting job ads, screening applicants, creating a candidate pool, scheduling interviews, offering recommendations etc.)
- Assess labour supply and demand regularly to ensure adequate staffing levels at all times.
- Develop and distribute employee on-boarding materials/forms and facilitate new hire orientation.
- Coordinate and oversee employee training initiatives that fulfill legislative requirements, address organizational gaps, and/or promote continuous improvement.
- Recommend and implement employment practices that support current and future business needs through the engagement, development, and retention of valued employees.
- Effectively resolve conflict and facilitate positive employee relations by promptly addressing issues.
- Aid in facilitating the performance management process and regularly evaluate appraisal tools to ensure they reinforce Bayview’s values and goals.
- Assist in the development, maintenance and administration of the compensation system.
- Foster collaborative and inclusive working relationships built on clarity and trust.
- Guide and engage in disciplinary and termination procedures, as required.
- Assist and review payroll functions.
Policy & Culture Development
- Develop, implement and monitor HR policies, procedures and records, as needed, to ensure organizational compliance with all legislated requirements and employment standards.
- Actively streamline administrative and operational functions by identifying areas for improvement.
- Drive consistency in the application of HR policies and practices across the organization.
- Support and contribute to building a culture of continuous improvement through ongoing innovation, growth, and employee empowerment and participation.
- Keep abreast of all provincial and federal legislation, regulations and standards affecting Bayview operations, and the industry more generally.
Leadership Support & Collaboration
- Work closely with the leadership team to address, strategize and provide guidance on all HR matters.
- Assist in advising, counselling and coaching managers on a number of HR-related activities and best practices across all functions of HR (i.e. employee relations, performance management, etc.).
- Build trust with management and employees by spending time learning about the needs of each department/division, and how those needs can be supported by HR to achieve organizational goals.
- Assist in preparing and monitoring the operational budget(s), ensuring approval and alignment with organizational objectives
- Coordinate with the appropriate parties (i.e. Controller, Office Manager) to ensure accuracy and compliance with all administrative and financial activities related to HR (i.e. payroll, performance pay program).
- At least five (5) years’ experience working as an HR Manager or in a similar leadership role, required.
- Diploma, degree and/or certification in Human Resources Management, required.
- Completion of CHRP/CHRL designation, preferred.
- Experience working in production and/or distribution, an asset.
KEY CANDIDATE COMPETENCIES
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; proficiency in English.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with HR policies, systems, functions and best practices.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (i.e. ability to actively listen, empathize, relate, adapt and motivate).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and familiarity with administrative/HR software.
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills.
- Ability to think strategically, analytically problem-solve, and make decisions using sound judgement.
- Commitment to creating and promoting an inclusive, collaborative and values-driven culture.
- Ability to build, foster and maintain positive working relationships built on mutual trust and respect, at all levels of the organization.
- Willingness to adapt and take initiative, always maintaining exceptionally high standards.
- Adherence to workplace health and safety standards at all times is paramount.
BAYVIEW’S EMPLOYEE PROMISE
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity for performance-pay
- Employee engagement, development and recognition.
How to apply:
If you think your experience, skills and career aspirations are aligned with this job opportunity – please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior HR Manager” in the subject line. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a safe, healthy, diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued. Please let us know if you require accommodation(s).