Website Affinity Health (Retire-At-Home Services)
Affinity Health (AH) is a rapidly growing health care service Company that specializes in providing in-home care supporting seniors in living independent lives, as well as staff replacement services in Long Term Care and Retirement homes. We pride ourselves in providing a high level of customer service to our clients and their families to enable seniors to be healthy, independent, and productive in their everyday living.
Urgent Need for a Bilingual Client Service Coordinator to coordinates and manages schedules of all caregivers for staff replacement and 1:1 home care.
The Bilingual Client Service Coordinator would be responsible for ensuring a positive client and family experience through effectively scheduling direct care providers to meet the requirements of the clients care plans and needs. To work diligently to provide as much consistency of care as possible while meeting the scheduling requirements of the clients and care providers. Frequently problem solving, they are the central point of contact for clients and families, care providers and referral sources. The individuals in this role must be driven to help others in a compassionate and caring way while balancing the pressures to deliver on scheduling requirements.
Key Activities and Responsibilities
- Effectively utilize of scheduling software to ensure needs are fulfilled with appropriate care
- Communicate effectively with care providers to ensure schedules are carried out (avoiding missed visits, unfilled visits)
- Provide field staff with accurate schedules on a weekly basis
- Ensure care providers are scheduled effectively and efficiently (allowing appropriate time for travel between visits, ensuring visits are scheduled in contained geographic regions whenever possible)
- Communicate effectively with clients and families when schedule challenges arise; problem solve effectively
- Ensures that each staff member has received his/her monthly schedule and any new schedules that may arise in the interim.
- Calls all employees on a weekly basis to confirm shifts.
- Confirms all completed shifts for each billing period in Alayacare, for both staff replacement and home care clients.
- Works under the supervision of the Regional Directors and collaborates with Client Care Managers to match clients’ needs with employees’ qualifications and expertise.
- Directs all emergency calls to the RED.
- Refers client and staff requests/concerns to the appropriate department (Case Manager, Human Resources, Payroll).
- Works under the direction of a Scheduling Team Leader (or RED) collaborating with Client Care Managers to match clients’ needs with the appropriate care giver to ensure the care giver is working within their scope of practice.
- Works up to 10 on-call shifts per month* and reports verbally and in writing on all activities that occurred at the next day meeting.
- Completes call log each time a call is taken.
- Provides input on Field Staff performance evaluations.
- Helps to ensure all client and employee information is up to date in company software system.
*Schedule will vary. Includes one (1) weekend per month. Weekend includes Friday at 4:00pm to Monday morning at 8:00am (Tuesday mornings at 8:00am on long weekends).During the on-call shift, the Client Service Coordinator regularly checks for phone messages except at night, at which time the Client Service Coordinator is expected to listen for the page) and responds to those messages that are urgent. All other messages can be answered the next business day. All phone messages must be saved until a Client Care manager reviews them.
- Fluently Bilingual (French and English)
- Diploma in Medical Office Administration, business management or equivalent educational experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in scheduling.
- Experience in Long Term Care or Retirement industry preferred.
- Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Payroll experience an asset.
- Sound knowledge of collective agreement and ability to interpret and apply scheduling language is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Knowledge of Alayacare and asset
- Effective listening and problem solving skills
- Ability to apply security and confidentiality protocols.
- Ability to follow direction and work as a member of a team.
- Able to work under pressure with great attention to detail and the ability to multi-task;
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Affinity Health (formerly Retire-At-Home Services)
How to apply: