Dieter's Metal Fabricating Ltd.
Are you a dynamic and experienced Brake Press Operator? Are you comfortable troubleshooting or making minor adjustments when necessary? Does a day shift 5 days/week (Mon- Fiday) work for you? If so, let’s talk!
At Dieter’s we have been manufacturing quality truck accessories since 1976. We are proud to have become one of the most respected names in the truck aftermarket industry by listening to our customers and then delivering a product that not only meets expectations – but exceeds them. Our dedicated team of craftspeople have access to state-of-the-art equipment and use only the best quality stainless steel to design, develop, and manufacture the parts that have built our brand.
What you bring to the table:
• Completion of high school, or equivalent experience
• 1-2 years experience with Brake Press machines (or educational experience)
• Ability to read alpha and numeric work orders and part orders
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings
• Comfortable working with various gauges of stainless steel
• Ability to use verniers, angle protractors, and other measuring equipment
• Great people and communication skills – we’re a diverse workforce!
How you’ll use your skills and experience:
• Lay out, set up and operate one or more light or heavy metalworking machines such as plate rolls, drills, brakes, computer numerically controlled (CNC) equipment, and other hand tools to cut, bend, roll, ream, punch and drill, or otherwise shape and form metal stock into parts or products
• Read specifications of blueprints and follow verbal instructions
• Troubleshoot and perform corrective action or minor repairs
• Check products for correct shapes, dimensions and other specifications
• Accurately / honestly and in a timely manner reports all manufactured quantities for both good parts and scrap parts for each work order in the ERP System
What we can offer you:
• A competitive wage comprehensive benefits plan
• A pension matching program to help you save for your retirement
• Company sponsored events to shake things up and have some fun together
• The chance to support your local community through our charitable giving initiatives
• A workplace that does what it sets out to do – we are ISO 14001, and IATF 16949:2016 certified
• A richly diverse team that spans all ages, generations, and backgrounds
We look forward to hearing from you! We thank everyone in advance for their interest in working with Dieter’s, however due to the overwhelming amount of responses we typically receive, only qualified applicants will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage applications from all interested parties.
We look forward to hearing from you! We thank everyone in advance for their interest in working with Dieter’s, however due to the overwhelming amount of responses we typically receive, only qualified applicants will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage applications from all interested parties. Any person with disabilities that requires assistance during the application process can contact our HR department at 519-884-8555 x 116.
Dieter’s Metal Fabricating Ltd. is committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Applicants are asked to make accommodation requests to Dieter’s Metal Fabricating Ltd.’s HR Department at 519-884-8555 x 116 and we will make every effort to ensure that accommodation requests are met throughout the recruitment process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $19.50 per hour
• Casual dress
• Company events
• Company pension
• Dental care
• Disability insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Extended health care
• Life insurance
• On-site parking
• Vision care
• 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
• Overtime pay
All persons seeking entrance into our facility are screened according to provincial regulations. Additional Health & Safety measures are in place and continue to evolve in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Do you live in the Cambridge, Kitchener, Waterloo, Guelph area?
• Can you set-up and change the dies on a CNC Brake Press?
How to apply:
Via Agilec - email@example.com