Website Camp Winston Foundation
Are you looking to spend the summer outside?
Camp Winston summer team opportunities give young professionals valuable skill-building experience, practical training and a network of colleagues and friends that cannot be easily captured in traditional placement opportunities. Our amazing team is focused on fun, active and meaningful support of children and teens with complex neurobiology. You will join a group of 70 staff as we embark on a bright and diverse adventure to help 140 children. We are dedicated to the growth and maturity of our staff and are committed to the mental health and well-being of all who join Camp Winston.
● Seasonal Housekeeper Duties & Responsibilities: ● Daily cleaning and stocking all bathrooms on site ● Daily sweeping and mopping of all indoor cabins and central spaces ● Daily sweeping of all exterior porches ● Daily cleaning of all high touch surfaces ● Removal of garbage from receptacles in all buildings to central garbage location ● Maintaining the laundry room cleanliness, and doing laundry daily. ● Daily cleaning of dining hall tables, benches, countertops ● Other tasks as assigned by the Head of Maintenance/Housekeeping or the Camp Directors ● Complete COVID-19 cleaning protocol checklist ● Respond to emergency cleaning situations ● Deep cleaning of cabins when campers are not on-site
Provided Training Opportunities:
○ Orientation of the organization ○ On the job training as required
Qualifications & Experience:
● You enjoy being outdoors, like to laugh and understand fun and silliness are fundamentals of a Summer Camp ○ Willingness to abide with Public Health recommendations and standards ● Proof of current vaccinations, including COVID-19 ● Satisfactory police record and vulnerable sector check ● Strong communication skills ● Collaborative relationship-builder Qualifications and Experience Considered an Asset:● Attention to detail ● Ability to complete repetitive tasks, such as ● Bending, Lifting, Kneeling, Reaching ● Lift up to 50lbs ● Ability to carry items up and down stairs ● Willingness to be a team player and help in other areas as required.
Location, Hours, Work Environment & Compensation:
● Camp Winston (1147 Riverlane Pvt. Kilworthy, ON) from June – August 2023 ● Wage $15.50 – $17.00 ● Start – May 1/2023 – August 31/2023 ● Schedule – Wednesday – Sunday ● Hours – 10am – 6pm ● Staff Lounge, Wifi and Computer Access, Staff Parties and Activities to celebrate the team ● Access to computer and phones
What We Offer & Our Culture:
● Leadership focused on the team’s success rather than individual accolades ● We pride ourselves on providing unparalleled training and hands on experience to support individuals with multiple and complex neurodiverse diagnosis ● We operate the Camp Winston Foundation and its programs with Fun, Stability, Accountability, Reliability and Compassion as guiding principles ● We always lead by example, act in a respectful and effective manner with all people, in a manner that recognizes, affirms and values of Camp Winston ● We uphold a high standard of professionalism as outlined in the Code of Conduct ● We pick up the phone, we encourage relationships and understand that much more can be accomplished through conversation and listening ● We embrace and encourage diversity in our team to people of all cultures, classes, races, ethnic backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities, faiths and religions in a manner that recognizes, affirms and values the worth of individuals, families and communities ● We maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal codes and regulations ● We continually seek growth, optimization and improvement to offer the very best care possible to our campers ● Based on our population and their vulnerabilities and behaviours, we have a zero-tolerance policy in the code of conduct with regards to recreational drug and alcohol usage on site ● Confidentiality and discretion when supporting colleagues, campers and teens
About Camp Winston:
Located on Sparrow Lake in the Muskoka region of Ontario, Camp Winston is a unique retreat for children with complex neurobiological disorders who need highly specialized support. At Camp Winston, children have the opportunity to escape their ordinary and often challenging daily lives, connect with others in a way they’ve never experienced, and build life-long skills with the help and support of the dedicated and passionate Camp Winston staff. In most cases, for the first time in their lives, Camp Winston campers feel welcomed, connected, and secure enough to participate without fear of rejection or alienation. Camp Winston’s primary goal is toset these special children up for success. Learn more about Camp Winston at www.campwinston.com.
How to apply: