Eclipse Automation Inc.
Reporting to the Controls Engineering Manager, the Data Systems Designer will contribute to data systems architecture development, integration of Server based systems to support Automation Projects, be involved with continuous improvement of Specification templates and processes, system setup documentation, user and training manuals. The incumbent will also work on programming and integration assignments utilizing PC based Server Systems and data related applications while delivering the Eclipse Vision and the Eclipse Entrepreneurial Culture.
• Design and develop software programs (PC based) specific to customer and project requirements based on standard Eclipse programming methods
• Debug and commission data systems at our facility during the system integration stage and then again at the customer sited during installation
• Travel as required to customer and supplier sites to perform installation, commissioning and training duties
• Select, test and integrate hardware and software components such as Servers, Hypervisor, VPN devices, Ethernet managed switches, Virtual Machines, customer data system interfaces, security interfaces to cloud systems and edge systems
• Develop requirements specifications, acceptance test plans, design and traceability Matrix documents.
• Must have a good understanding of change control and configuration management.
• Work with customers, project managers, designers, toolmakers and electricians to solve problems in order provide the customer with a complete functional automation system.
• Provide thorough testing of machine functionality with respect to data interactions to verify controls and data systems program completeness.
• Provide accurate documentation for each project
• Advise customers on solving technical problems
• Provide customers with remote support via VPN systems
• Requirements gathering
• Support Applications dept. in pre-quote and pre-automation activities
• Design, implementation, test and delivery of automation solutions with a focus on data subsystems:
Custom Computer Software applications
Data harvest, processing, visualization , streaming and storage
Databases (schemas, stored procedures etc.)
Big Data, machine learning interfacing
IIoT, PC based HMI
Vision components support
Collaborative robots support
Support to PLC controls resources
• Expectation of travel to vendor/supplier locations is less than 25% of time, however may be exceeded in exceptional circumstances to meet project needs
• A post-secondary engineering degree, diploma or equivalent, specializing in mechanical, electrical, systems or computer engineering
• Strong Data System Architecture and inter-system interface skills
• Strong programming, mechanical and electrical problem solving skills
• Understanding of robotics, control systems and machine operation with hands-on experience
• A self-starter with the ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
• Experience in an automation environment, machine learning and analytics, SCADA, MES and ERP Systems will be considered an asset
This position is open for Eclipse in Cambridge, Ontario.
How to apply:
Via Agilec - firstname.lastname@example.org