Website All Ontario Recycling
Are you looking to join an exciting company who have been a leader in providing recycling services throughout Ontario? You have come to the right place. We are a family business with a high-quality team of dedicated professionals. All Ontario Recycling has built a strong business culture based on key values of honesty, integrity and teamwork that govern what we will do to meet our customer’s metal recycling needs.
The general duties and responsibilities for a Heavy Equipment Mechanic for All Ontario Recycling are listed as follows:
Major Vehicle and Equipment Service
· Perform prompt, dependable, high quality, MAJOR service work for all fleet and internal equipment
· Perform major vehicle service work (i.e. engine overhauls, custom fabrications, wreck repairs, etc.) and other work which lesser skilled technicians do not perform efficiently.
· Create detailed estimates for complicated repair orders such as insurance claims, wreck repairs, and customizations.
· Ability to troubleshoot and fabricate components required for company specific assets
· Co-ordinate with road crew on an as needed basis to rectify on the road break downs
· Assist the garage manager with quality control.
· Minimize come backs by inspecting all outgoing work for completeness, thoroughness, safety, and quality.
· Perform service work (or be highly involved with repairs) on all come-backs to ensure ALL problem areas are corrected. Ensure the vehicle is “fixed right” and all expectations are met.
Service Department Proficiency
· Ability when required to prioritize work orders and assign service staff accordingly throughout the assigned shift
· Assist garage manager with continual improvement of overall service garage proficiency.
• Provide guidance and direction to staff members assigned to Fleet Maintenance.
• Ensure high quality of conduct and workmanship from Technicians and Apprentices.
· Review all technicians work-in-progress to ensure quality and timeliness.
· Occasionally assist technicians when they are having difficulty performing service work.
· Ensure technicians maintain and improve their productivity (time spent on jobs) and efficiency (task time) by assigning tasks within their realm of competency during busy times and coaching them to improve both knowledge and speed during down times.
• Maintain vehicle records and repair data in the fleet management software program.
· Notify Garage Administrator / Manager of additional work needed or any delays in expected completion as soon as they become known so that Dispatch or Road Crew may be contacted and notified of the delay.
· As assigned.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
• Completion of all Service Schools and/or 3 years of equivalent work experience.
• 310T Truck and Coach License preferred
• Current, valid driver’s license.
• Shop Foremen needs both basic and special tools to properly diagnose and service our fleet and yard equipment
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
• Self-motivated with the ability to make analytical decisions.
• Ability to lead a group or groups of people and communicate effectively with these groups.
• Ability to analyze situations, identify problems or conflicts, and negotiate win-win scenarios.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
· Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, handle tools, and lifting of material
· Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
· Is potentially exposed to battery acid, diesel fuel, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
· Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
Extended Health Care
Employee Assistance Program
Discretionary Bonus Pay
If you meet the qualifications for this posting, please email your resume to email@example.com and note the position you are applying for.
How to apply:
Via Company - firstname.lastname@example.org