Website High Tech Genesis
High Tech Genesis is looking for a Cyber Security Instructor to join the team! If you’re passionate about technology, security, and shaping the future of this exciting and dynamic career we’d love to hear from you.
As the successful candidate you will be responsible for:
Delivering lectures and workshops to students in our Cyber Security program, including:
• Create dynamic classroom learning experiences using various teaching strategies which accommodates students’ diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences and individual learning styles.
• Actively participate to develop and update the course curriculum is current, relevant, and reflective of best practices within the program disciplines.
• Prepare and administer quizzes, midterm, and final exams, both theory and practical lab.
• Prepare academic reports and evaluate students’ performance through different academic assessments using a variety of approved assessments and techniques.
• Providing suggestions for LMS links and other useful multimedia, e.g., updates to labs, software, and courseware.
• Assess student achievement of learning outcomes and support student progress through academic counselling and timely feedback.
• Perform other duties as requested by the Directors.
Required skills and experience:
• Degree in Computer Science with relevant training in cyber security or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• 2+ years of teaching or training experience
• 5+ years’ of industry experience in Cyber Security domain
• 5+ years of experience in Vulnerability Management and Cybersecurity Maturity Assessments
• 5+ years of experience and deep understanding in Networking, Windows 2016 and above, Linux, Cisco routers, switches, and Firewalls
• 5+ years of Windows Active Directory, LDAP Network administration knowledge in DNS, VPN, Load Balancing, LAN, WAN, VLAN
• 3-5 years of programing experience in Bash, PowerShell, Python and JAVA
• 3-5 years of experience in Cloud Security, Network Security (TCP/IP, OSI & DOD Models)
• Certifications in CompTIA N+, CCNA, Linux, CompTIA Security+, CYSA+ (highly desirable)
• Must have great interpersonal skills and ability to successfully interact with diverse adult populations
• Committed to quality and a thorough approach to the work
• Knowledge of Online Learning Management System (LMS) is considered an asset
Note 1: You MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e., possess Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or Valid Work Permit).
Note 2: High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note 3: In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), HTG will provide accommodation accessible formats and communication supports for the interview process upon request.
Note 4: Please submit an MS Word version of your resume when applying for this position.
Note 5: Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to apply:
Begin your exciting career with us by applying on-line at: https://jobs.hightechgenesis.com/o/cyber-security-instructor-3