Website Linamar Corporation
The Material Handler position, under general supervision, is responsible for moving materials to various areas inside and outside the facility using powered fork lift truck. Primarily accountable for controlling material movement, loading and unloading trucks or freight vehicles and transporting material between departments ensuring proper routing of material is maintained. In addition, may be required to perform other activities including picking orders, taking inventory, shipping and receiving.
Powering Vehicles, Motion, Work, and Lives since 1966.
• Load, unload and move products and materials by hand or using basic material handling equipment.
• Perform other material handling activities such as counting, weighing, sorting, packing and unpacking.
• Operate winches and other loading devices to load and unload materials onto and off trucks.
• Operate a tow motor in a safe manner, both loading and unloading freight.
• Perform tow motor inspection.
• Keep all manufacturing and shipping/receiving areas organized.
• Empty chip bins into proper containers.
• May perform other activities, such as opening containers and crates, filling warehouse orders, assisting in taking inventory and weighing and checking materials.
• Measure length, width and height of a truck trailer and length, width and height of filled pallets to establish quantity of pallets to load.
• Estimate weight of products on pallets to determine whether they can be lifted by forklift.
• Receive assignments from supervisors at beginning of each shift and plan how best to meet deadlines.
• High School Diploma or equivalent general education.
• Licensed to operate a tow motor and propane.
• Use computer-operated machinery such as print delivery slips using computerized printers.
• Ability to interact with various personnel to confirm details, coordinate tasks and discuss concerns and resolutions.
• Able to work in a team and independently as needed.
What Linamar Has To Offer
• Opportunities for career advancement.
• Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities.
• Social committees and sports teams.
• Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts.
Linamar Corporation is a Canadian diversified global manufacturing company of highly engineered products across global industries & markets. From the entrepreneurial seeds planted by our dynamic founder, to the support provided along the way, all Linamar employees are poised for success in this fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. With access to the tools you need to succeed, you will make an impact along with other motivated and engaged people.
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.
How to apply: