Camp Kawartha is an award-winning organization whose mission is to foster positive stewards of our natural and human communities. We are continuing to find creative ways of incorporating stewardship into the culture of our summer camp.
We are seeking a motivated youth with an interest in maintenance and working in the outdoors. The Maintenance Assistant will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the the camp’s infrastructure including landscaping, painting and basic repairs.
Contract: June 20th – August 18th, 2022 (9 weeks) with a possible opportunity for full time work
Wage: $16 per hour for 30 hours per week.
This position is funded through Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ). To be eligible,
applicants must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment.
Scope of the Position
• Appointed by the Executive Director as Maintenance Assistant, to maintain the Camp’s properties and buildings under the administrative policies and procedures established by the Executive Director. Receives leadership, direction and supervision from Property Manager and Summer Camp Director.
• Strong work ethic, dependable, positive attitude, self-motivated, team-oriented, effective communicator and flexible; adapting to new environments in a positive and meaningful way.
• Comfortable working with their hands, heavy lifting, and repetitive physical tasks are routine.
• Able to problem solve in a timely manner both individually and in a team setting.
• Preventative maintenance and a keen eye for seeing problems before they develop.
• Valid driver’s licence and clean driver’s abstract is preferred and reliable transportation to work is a must.
• Criminal record check and vulnerable sector clearance approval is a must.
• Comfortable and experienced working with basic maintenance: sanding, painting, staining, cleaning, simple repairs and landscaping.
• Deals with issues and stressful situations in a calm, professional and courteous manner.
• Upholds and champions the mission of Camp Kawartha
• Courteous, dependable, hard-working and a team player.
• High School/College or University graduate in a related field.
• Experience and/or formal training in property maintenance
• Basic carpentry skills
• Knowledge of maintenance procedures
• Exhibits initiative and self-direction
Credentials (certificates, licenses, courses, etc.)
• Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
• The camp will provide opportunities for training in all these areas if necessary.
Work Conditions & Physical Capabilities
• Work is in full view of the public; some exposure to the elements.
• Requires moderate to brisk physical exercise. Some lifting required. Candidate must be in good physical condition to perform tasks assigned.
Please email a resume and covering letter identifying the position you are applying for to: email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in Camp Kawartha. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Camp Kawartha is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. The Camp will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Camp Kawartha is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the diversity of our camp community including differences in race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity. We welcome candidates representing such diversity.
How to apply:
Via Agilec - firstname.lastname@example.org