Website Municipality of Trent Lakes
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Conducts routine clean-up and garbage removal from all cemeteries, parks and beach areas daily.
· Assists with minor routine maintenance and required inspections at Municipal facilities.
· Provides information to visitors in a positive, courteous and professional manner.
· Provides grass cutting and maintenance services at numerous locations including but not limited to: facilities, cul-de-sacs, parks, beaches and several areas within the Hamlet of Buckhorn.
· Works cooperatively with volunteers and other staff to ensure parks and other facilities are safe and available to the public.
· Assist with the enforcement of municipal by-laws related to park properties.
· Daily/weekly maintenance of playground areas and assists with inspections.
· Ensures all work is performed in accordance with regulations, policies and procedures.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Facilities and Recreation or Maintenance Supervisor.
· High School Diploma;
· Knowledge of basic building maintenance and ability to use various hand and power tools;
· Ability to maneuver trucks, trailers and equipment safely and efficiently;
· Knowledge of landscaping tools, equipment, and lawn maintenance equipment;
· Ability to operate grass cutting and trimming equipment;
· Strong Health and Safety awareness;
· First Aid/CPR Certification is an asset;
· Must be available to work weekends and holidays;
· Valid Ontario Driver’s Class ‘G’ License with a clean driver abstract.
· Ability to cope with several different requests and subjects simultaneously;
· Attention to detail and accuracy in work;
· Ability to learn new skills;
· Initiative and good judgement with limited supervision;
· Excellent communication and public relations skills;
· Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task;
· Ability to work in a team environment or independently.
How to apply:
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org