Website MVT Canadian Bus, Inc.
Barrie Transit team is seeking full-time Maintenance Supervisor. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Supervisor provides support to the overall business but more specifically is a key member of the maintenance team, overseeing and managing the daily maintenance activities of the maintenance staff to ensure safe, clean, reliable vehicles, facilities and equipment in compliance with contractual, Company and regulatory standards.
What We Offer:
* Work local, minimize commute time, and give back to the community
* Fast paced environment and satisfying work
* Employee discounts with local businesses
* RRSP match, benefits and paid vacation
* Room for growth/advancement
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
* Supervises the daily activities of maintenance staff including overall repair and daily servicing of the fleet
* Provides technical guidance and/or assistance to support quality assurance of repair work
* Assists in the overall operation of the maintenance facility through analysis of technical problems, planning and scheduling of work
* Conducts daily inspections of the facilities and fleet
* Assists in monitoring the Preventative Maintenance Interval (PMI) schedules and system
* Ensures all paperwork are completed and processed in a timely manner
* Assists in ensuring the operation is compliant with all laws, regulations and standards applicable
* Assists in the sourcing and procurement of repair parts and materials
* Three (3) Years supervisory experience in vehicle maintenance and repair in the transportation industry
* Experience supervising/managing in a unionized environment
* A valid Province of Ontario Truck and Coach Technician Certificate (310T) or equivalent experience may be considered at the Company’s discretion
* A valid Province of Ontario Automotive Technician Certificate (310S) preferred
* A valid “G” Ontario Driver’s License, preferably “B” or “C” with “Z” (Airbrakes) endorsement
* Experience utilizing Trapeze software preferred
* Open to work various schedules including days, evenings, weekends and holidays
* Able to pass a Criminal Background Check
About MVT: MVT Canadian Bus, Inc. proudly operates the conventional and specialized transit service for the City of Barrie from a $22M state-of-the-art facility as part of a 20-year operating contract which commenced in 2015. The team at MVT is committed to be a company that makes a difference in people’s lives by inspiring our employees, treating our customers as part of the family, and making our communities even better places to live.
MVT is committed to equity in employment. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive workforce. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
How to apply: