Kawartha Heights Retirement Living
The Personal Support Worker and/or Resident Care Attendant reports to the Director of Resident Care and Registered Staff, and shall provide nursing care to all residents where necessary. The Personal Support Worker and Resident Care Attendant is required to assist in planning and coordinating activities necessary in the nursing care unit and shall work closely with Director of Resident Care, Executive Director, Attending Physician (where necessary), Food Services and Activation.
1) Unlicensed health care workers may give medications, provided they are trained and meet requirements of residence medication administration policy.
2) Experience in geriatrics and rehabilitation.
3) Good physical and mental health and free from communicable disease.
4) Certified in CPR and First Aid recommended.
5) Medication Administration Course if giving out medications.
(#4 and #5 – encouraged but not necessarily a requirement. If they are required, then residence would be responsible for paying for courses).
6) Knowledge of the nursing process and nursing diagnosis if attendant is providing nursing duties.
7) Good communication skills.
8) Familiar with “Commitment to Residents”, “Bill of Rights” and “Code of Ethics” as set out by ORCA.
9) Willingness to update and keep current their knowledge of changing regulations, practices and procedures.
10) PSW Certificate
The Personal Support Workers are frontline individuals who directly deliver various components of a residents care plan through designated qualified and licensed personnel (Director of Care and RPN Supervisor). The Organizational Chart outlines the form of organization and shows the chain of command. He/she may be required to deliver support and services to the residents in a wide variety of means and settings. Available at all times for emergencies. Please send resume to [Email hidden. Click Apply to start your application.]
How to apply:
Via Agilec - firstname.lastname@example.org