If you are passionate about providing excellence in health care, we have an exciting opportunity for you at one of AON’s “Gardens of Peterborough” retirement residences. With an unsurpassed reputation for excellent care services, The Gardens of Peterborough have plenty to offer those who want to grow and be the best in their field. Join our team and make a difference today!
If you want to make a difference in the lives of older adults, then this is the career opportunity for you. We are seeking motivated and passionate Health Care Attendants / Personal Support Workers at AON’s “Gardens of Peterborough” Retirement Residence! As a foundational part of our highly skilled and multi-disciplinary team, you will assist our residents in their activities of daily living by providing skilled care in an empathetic and nurturing manner.
Your responsibilities include:
• Assisting residents with the personal care required for daily living including bathing, dressing, functional mobility and mobilization, feeding, wound care, etc.
• Providing hands-on compassionate services to residents with adherence to confidentiality, privacy, and a focus on maintaining dignity and encouraging independence.
• Providing cognitive, social, and emotional support to residents and families, including palliative care
• Ensuring clear and effective communication while promoting teamwork and good relationships with co-workers
• Responding to resident and family concerns promptly and professionally, and in accordance with company policies
• Adherence to departmental and company policies and procedures in regards to documentation, infection control, fire and safety.
• Must possess a valid Health Care Aide (HCA) certificate or Personal Support Worker (PSW) certificate, have successfully completed the first year of a recognized nursing program, or possess the equivalent education/experience.
• Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills and be a team player.
• Prior experience in retirement or long term care environment preferred.
• Must be available to work varied shifts.
AON Inc. offers competitive compensation and professional development opportunities.
AON Inc. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities as part of our hiring process. We welcome and thank all applicants; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
• Day shift
• Night shift
How to apply:
Via Agilec - firstname.lastname@example.org