Eclipse Automation Inc.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Project Engineer will provide technical oversight for a portfolio of projects within a defined sector of the Eclipse business. Leveraging extensive sector specific experience ensures all equipment and services provided by Eclipse meet and exceed customer expectations. While following Eclipse engineering policies and procedures, supports the Program Manager and/or Project Manager in ensuring all technical deliverables are well defined and executed. The incumbent will work with the management team and plant personnel to deliver the Eclipse Vision and the Eclipse Entrepreneurial Culture on time and on budget
• Oversee and assist design Project Leads in the preparation of technical deliverables.
• Assists project team in facilitation and resolution of all technical open issues, including primary interface with customer engineering representatives as necessary.
• Monitors schedule and budget performance of engineering/design scope of portfolio, and liaises with design department managers to address resourcing and performance issues.
• Approves final technical documents prior to submission to customer, in accordance to PEO guidelines for use of seal as applicable.
• Provides input to with respect to changes/improvements to technical procedures and compliance programs as pertaining to the defined sector, and resolution of any corrective actions.
• In consultation with Applications engineering, assists in the review of customer technical specifications and development of related proposals.
• Proactively recognize issues, initiate action, assist in problem solving and evaluate results on major issues
• Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a team environment and actively participate in group meetings safely
• Complete other duties and projects as assigned
• Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule including weekends and or travel as required in varying timelines
• Ensure scheduled milestones are met
• Notify the appropriate departments if milestones are not met
• Adhere to the Eclipse Project Operating Policy
• Maintain good corporate citizen role in support of the Eclipse corporate Vision
• Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Eclipse Automation Inc. Conduct Code
• Foster the development of a culture reflective of the core values of the business
• Expectation of travel to vendor/supplier locations is less than 10% of time, however may be exceeded in exceptional circumstances to meet project needs
• Has successfully completed a University Degree or College Diploma in Engineering / Robotics Automation Technology or equivalent experience
• Ontario P.Eng license is required.
• Formal project management training through PMI or equivalent, PMP is an asset.
• 10+ years sector specific experience in a technical leadership capacity, with demonstrated success in large, high profile projects
This position is open for Eclipse HQ in Cambridge, Ontario.
How to apply:
Via Agilec - email@example.com