Website Kitchener-Waterloo Humane Society
Represents the Humane Society in a professional manner.
• Contribute to the Humane Society’s private fundraising target by meeting or exceeding
personal annual revenue and activity goals.
• Personally confirm revenue targets (to be reviewed quarterly with Director of
• Designs, implements and manages a comprehensive Major Gifts and Planned Giving
Program (including discovery, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities).
• Manage a portfolio of prospects (Individuals and Foundations at $5K+) and personally
conduct cultivation visits, solicitation calls and stewardship activities. Portfolio
breakdown of mid-level and major gift prospects will be determined in consultation with
the Director of Development and on a priority, as needed basis.
• Produces major donor, Board and special category solicitations/support materials with
the intent to retain or upgrade gifts when possible.
• Oversees a strategic campaign to inform and educate the legal, accounting and wealth
management communities to recognize the Humane Society as a possible recipient of
• Working with the Sr. Manager of Finance, tracks progress of pending Legacy and
Bequest gifts (Planned Giving Program).
• In collaboration with our Marketing and Communications team, plans relevant
communication materials for principal and legacy giving, such as project descriptions,
case statements, funding proposals, and gift agreements
Senior Development Officer, Major Gifts and Planned Giving Page 2
• Maintains a good working knowledge of the activities, priorities and needs, programs,
capital and other areas
• Engages in Case Design process to ensure alignment with donor interest and scope
• Interfaces with team and Finance to fulfill information requests and maintain reporting
• Demonstrate a strong commitment to good donor relations practices.
• Participate in the planning, analysis and strategy sessions as a member of the
• Working with the Director of Development, develop and deliver stewardship and
recognition activities for donors within the prospect and donation pool.
• Keep current on the Humane Society’s programs and initiatives. Be fully knowledgeable
on key activities and be an inspiring Ambassador and champion for the organization.
• Consistently work to expand knowledge and look at ways to promote creative thoughts,
ideas, and new paradigms for giving and investing in the Humane Society.
With a passion for philanthropy, the Senior Development Officer will advocate for the Humane
Society to communicate the Society’s projects and programs, creating a compelling vision for
donors that engages and excites them to action. The ideal candidate will have an appreciation
of the complexity of a multidisciplinary organization and will be skilled at engaging donors in the
power of philanthropy.
The incumbent will work remotely within the Region of Waterloo or Perth County. They will be
required to attend meetings on a regular basis at our centres or in the community.
The following are general descriptions of some of the requirements necessary to carry out the
duties and responsibilities for this position.
• A university degree or college diploma (with a focus on fundraising, public relations or
other related filed), or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Professional membership with CAGP and CFRE designation is an asset.
• 5+ years related experience.
• Proven track record of personal success in securing major philanthropic contributions.
• Experience developing major gift strategies, and execution, including cultivation,
solicitation, and stewardship.
• Be a proactive, detail-oriented, committed member of the Development team.
• Proven ability to build a portfolio of prospective donors resulting in new revenue to the
• Proven ability to develop and execute a planned giving program.
• Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) in concise, creative, and
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire confidence and trust amongst
all stakeholders, maintaining positive public relations, acting ethically and responsibly in
• Accountable for a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and a meticulous
approach to work and exceptional follow through.
Senior Development Officer, Major Gifts and Planned Giving Page 3
• Ability to work under pressure utilizing excellent project management, prioritization and
time-management skills are required to manage multiple on-going projects
• Excellent computer skills including MS Office applications experience, especially Word,
Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Fundraising donor systems experience with the ability to build queries for the purpose of
pulling reports for prospecting and tracking is required. Experience with Raiser’s
Edge/NXT would be an asset.
• Ability to work collaboratively or independently with minimal administrative support.
• A proactive individual with strong relationship building skills.
• Valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
• As part of our hiring process, the successful candidate must provide a satisfactory police
How to apply:
Via Agilec - email@example.com