Dieter's Metal Fabricating Ltd.
Are you someone who enjoys puzzle and putting things together? Can you comfortably read work orders?
At Dieter’s we have been manufacturing quality truck accessories since 1976. We are proud to have become one of the most respected names in the truck aftermarket industry by listening to our customers and then delivering a product that not only meets expectations – but exceeds them. Our dedicated team of craftspeople have access to state-of-the-art equipment and use only the best quality stainless steel to design, develop, and manufacture the parts that have built our brand.
You will accurately and efficiently complete the following functions of the job:
• Be willing and able to work extra hours as needed and stay late orders need to be pushed through
• Communicate regularly with the Plant Coordinator to understand and execute department objectives and report any issues encountered
• Be a role model and set a good example to fellow employees by arriving punctually, following Dieter’s policies and procedures, and being accountable for your work
• Communicate in a respectful and clear manner with all employees and visitors
• Delegate tasks, work, and other responsibilities as required
• Work with the team to cross train and improve individual team member’s skills as required
• Manage the daily reporting requirements in the ERP/PSI system for your department.
• Understand the departments current work load by using tools in the ERP/PSI system.
• Perform head counts for the department during emergency evacuations/drills if the Production Coordinator is absent
• Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), gas metal arc welding (GMAW), flux-cored arc welding (FCAW), plasma arc welding (PAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), oxy-acetylene welding (OAW), resistance welding and submerged arc welding (SAW)
• Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
• Operate brazing and soldering equipment
• Production Welding TIG & MIG welding
• Repair worn parts of metal products by welding on extra layer
• Work with mainly thin gauges of metal
• Operate metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears, rollers and other metal straightening and bending machines
• Develops & fabricates Tooling, Jigs & Fixtures – maintains existing tooling, jigs & fixtures
• Grind all welded parts using hand grinder
• Buff pieces using Gilbert C. Storey Buffing Machine that were previously grinded in preparation for polishing
• Polish pieces to ‘mirror shine/finish’, using a Progress Buffing Machine
• Continually increase and expand upon your job knowledge as it relates to your position.
Health and Safety
• Work according to the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulation 851 – Industrial Establishments.
• Wear all Personal Protective Equipment in the manner in which it is prescribed.
• Observe and comply with all Company Health and Safety policies and procedures
• Perform all duties with careful consideration to safeguard your health and safety, and that of others.
Other, as Directed
• Any other job-related duties as may be required from time to time as directed by the Fabrication Supervisor
• Completion of a three-year apprenticeship program or a combination of over three years of work experience in the trade and some college or industry courses in welding
• 5-10 years welding experience, MIG & TIG, previous experience with stainless steel
• Experience welding Aluminum an asset
• Experience in Custom fab shop preferred
• Attention to detail and accuracy essential.
• Able to read work orders and part numbers (alpha and numeric)
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• Good math skills.
• Familiarity with sheet steel and plate sizes and gauges.
• Must interpret technical drawings within the metal manufacturing industry.
• Manufacturing environment, Personal Protective Equipment required
• Seasonal temperature fluctuations
• Periodic noisy conditions
• Sitting and/or standings for long periods of time
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $29.00-$32.00 per hour
• Casual dress
• Company events
• Company pension
• Dental care
• Disability insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Extended health care
• Life insurance
• On-site parking
• Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
• French not required
• Monday to Friday
• Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
• Bonus pay
• Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
• Cambridge, ON N3H 4R7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work
How to apply:
Via Agilec - firstname.lastname@example.org