Website Tay Township
Full-Time, Permanent Position
Tay Township, located on the sunset shores of Georgian Bay, is seeking an individual who thrives in a culture of change and progression to join #TeamTay as the Manager of Municipal Law Enforcement Services; the leader of the MLE Division and a strategic member of the Township’s Leadership Team. We are looking for adaptability to our growing and evolving Municipality and demonstrated enthusiasm for positively impacting the Corporation and our Community as one.
Reporting to the General Manager, Protective and Development Services, or their designate, the Manager of Municipal Law Enforcement Services is responsible for the day-to-day administration, coordination and supervision of Municipal Law Enforcement initiatives and work plans for the Municipality. This position is responsible for ensuring enforcement and compliance concerning Municipal By-laws and other legislation enforced by the Municipality, providing advice to the public, Council, committees, and staff regarding the enforcement of Zoning and other regulatory By-laws and developing new By-laws to address areas of concern within the Municipality.
• Completion of post-secondary education in Law Enforcement, or another relevant discipline, from an accredited educational institution.
• Municipal Law Enforcement Officers’ Association (MLEOA) Municipal Law Enforcement Officer Certified designation in good standing.
• Ontario Association of Property Standards Officer (OAPSO) Certified designation in good standing.
• Minimum of 5 to 7 years of progressive Municipal Law Enforcement experience.
• Minimum of 2 years of progressive supervisory/management experience, preferably in a municipal or public sector environment.
• Class ‘G’ driver’s license in good standing.
• Standard First Aid and CPR Certification in good standing.
• Formal leadership and coaching/mentoring training and/or willingness to complete.
The compensation range for this full-time, permanent position is $47.10 to $55.11 per hour with a 35-hour work week. We also offer a comprehensive pension and benefit package (conditions may apply).
Join #TeamTay today and help transform the way local government connects with the community it serves.
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to do the following:
1. Reference the complete position description including comprehensive qualifications available on the Tay Township website – www.tay.ca/jobs
2. Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to the attention of Human Resources (HR@Tay.ca).
This opportunity will remain open until the position has been filled.
• Please reference ‘MLE Manager’ at the start of the email subject line.
• Please indicate how you heard about this opportunity within your application.
We kindly thank all applicants who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information collected under the authority of the Municipal Act and in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act will only be used for candidate selection. Tay Township is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessible Canada Act, 2019 and all applicable provincial accessibility standards, upon request, accommodation will be provided by the Tay Township throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process for applicants with disabilities.
How to apply:
Please see above description.