Website Tribute Communities
Customer Care Technician
Location: Fergus, Ontario
Tribute Communities is an award-winning builder with over 35 years’ experience who has built more than 30,000 homes and condominium suites across the GTA.
Tribute has won many awards for our workmanship and dedication to service, but also for our business practices which were recognized with the Desjardins Award for Large Business from the Ontario Chamber of Commerce.
At Tribute Communities, we are totally committed to customer satisfaction. We are looking for an enthusiastic and hard-working Customer Care Technician/Construction Handyman for a full-time position in our truly exceptional countryside community in Springwater. You will be part of a dynamic Customer Care team, ensuring that our new home owners are completely satisfied from post-purchase through to post-warranty periods and that all Tarion Warranty Services are fulfilled.
What’s in it for you?
You will appreciate our comprehensive Health Care Benefits Plan, and other perks; such as, but not limited to: Work-Life Balance, Tuition Reimbursement, Corporate Partnership with GoodLife, Employee Assistant Program, and amazing Corporate Events.
What’s in for us?
Our ideal candidate will actively support Tribute Communities mission to provide our homeowners the best “New Homeowner Experience” by performing required repairs to deficiency items prior to homeowner possession and/or completes warranty service repairs in homes following homeowner possession in a timely manner.
Position Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
· Fix and eliminate deficiency items before Pre-Delivery Inspections, including preparation for occupancy inspection.
· Coordinate repair of deficiency items listed on Pre-Delivery Inspections, with Supervisor.
· Before closing Identify and assess construction deficiencies and perform repairs in a timely manner.
· Prepare homes for inspection by City for occupancy, insulation and framing.
· Perform drywall checkouts as required for each home.
· Ensure complete clean-up of home, inside and outside, prior to PDI.
· Perform visual inspection of exterior of home to assess state of completion, prior to PDI.
· Communicate and advise Supervisor of trade deficiencies.
Customer Care Technician
Post-Occupancy Service & Warranty Care
· Complete warranty service work which includes: Fix and eliminate warranted deficiency items as noted on Homeowner 30-day, 1st year, & 2nd year Warranty forms.
· Review service warranty lists with homeowners – explaining which item will be rectified immediately and why.
· Advise of process to assign work to trades.
· Respond and resolve Homeowner emergency calls such as roof or plumbing leaks; Preparing materials required to complete service work prior to visiting homeowners.
· Communicate and advise Customer Care Manager of any trade deficiencies.
· Monday to Thursday 7:30AM – 5:00PM
· Friday – 7:30AM to 4:00PM
Required Skills and Experience
· 3+ years Customer Care experience required in Residential Low Rise
· Must be knowledgeable in Tarion Construction Performance Guidelines and common elements Warranties.
· Ability to deal with different types of clients
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Must be detail oriented, have strong organization skills, an excellent time management skills
To apply to this position, please send your resume to email@example.com
Tribute Communities will ensure special accommodations are made for persons with disabilities, as requested, during the selection process. Accessible formats of this document are available free upon request.
How to apply: