Website VON Canada
VON Canada is currently hiring compassionate Personal Support Workers (PSWs) to work in Belleville, Trenton, Picton and Bancroft, ON for our Home Support Program! To support the privacy of VON clients, this role requires you to be fully licensed to drive in Canada, and have a vehicle to drive yourself between clients throughout your shift.
The Power to Change Lives!
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salaries and vacation time
- Tiered Benefits (health, dental, LTD) & an Employee Assistance Program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan with company contribution
- Travel compensation
- Comprehensive orientation program with training provided to support advanced skill sets and requirements
- Smartphone provided to keep you connected during work time
- $3.00 per hour wage enhancement from the Ontario Government for all hours spent directly caring for clients
- $5000 Health Force Ontario PSW Return of Service incentive for full-time commitment where eligible*
What we need from you:
- Certificate in Personal Support Worker (PSW) program or Health Care Aide (HCA) or Developmental Service Workers (DSWs)
- Nursing students or internationally educated nurses are eligible to apply
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is required
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required and a Vulnerable Sector Search and/or a Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with clients in their homes to provide personal care
- Assist with daily living activities, such as grooming, dressing and bathing
- Provide respite care
- Plan and prepare meals and light household duties
- Help with mobility and transfers
- Monitor and maintain household safety
- ….and much more!
* To view eligibility requirements, click here: https://www.healthforceontario.ca/en/Home/All_Programs/PSW_Return_of_Service
VON is a non-profit organization that provides clinical, personal and social support to people who want to live every day to the fullest while remaining in their own homes and communities.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations where required. For more information, please visit http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility
How to apply:
Please apply online: https://jobs.jobvite.com/von/job/o8VEqfwR