Motivational Interviewing Foundations –
Learn how to work with resistance rather than against it.
*Due to COVID-19, this previously scheduled in-person training is now being offered in webinar format to support individuals who are assisting clients in these changing times.
Motivational Interviewing (MI) is a proven psychological, client-centred approach that helps individuals overcome ambivalence and build their own argument for change. Our MI training provides participants with an understanding of the process and helps them to develop the skills required to create an environment where clients build their confidence and ultimately achieve the results they desire.
With our MI training, you will discover how a shoulder-to-shoulder approach makes your job easier by removing the pressure to fix things. It’s a great way to start your journey towards identifying where resistance comes from and how to engage with individuals so that they want to build the importance, confidence, and readiness to reach their goals quickly. Based on the theories of Motivational Interviewing and Stages of Change, this training will help the learner to identify when resistance is present and develop skills to engage with the client, helping them to move towards change.
This training is for you if:
• you are frustrated because individuals that you lead are stalled and not taking steps
• you work with others and would like to reduce the length of time it takes for clients to reach their goals
• you are tired of trying to persuade or convince others to complete tasks
* Agilec has extensive experience implementing MI in employment programs and services
You will learn:
- What MI is
- Where resistance comes from
- When someone is ready to change
- Stages of change
- The spirit of MI
- Overview of processes
- Extending your MI journey
You will also get:
- A strong understanding of motivational interviewing, including foundational concepts, processes, and skills
- Desk aids for easy post-training information
- Access to further support through coaching calls and MI coding
Participants will be enrolled in all four webinars which are required for completion of MI Foundations Training.
June 1, 2020
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Webinar #1: Motivational Interviewing Introductory
1:00p.m. – 3:00 p.m. – Webinar #2: When Is Someone Ready for Change
June 2, 2020
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m – Webinar #3: Motivational Interviewing Skills Focus
1:00p.m. – 3:00 p.m. – Webinar #4: Motivational Interviewing Processes
We also offer Coding and Consulting Services that support the practical application of MI.
Coding Services – To Support Individual Skill Development in MI
Trained coders will use the Motivational Interviewing Treatment Integrity (MITI) tool to objectively measure the learner’s use of MI. Participants submit digital recordings obtained after informed client consent to the Agilec Coding Lab, where trained staff review and analyze the recording. Participants are then provided with an analysis report, as well as a personal feedback session, during which the learner will choose two areas of focus for improvement of MI skills.
Details on the results of coding can be provided to your leadership team to identify those staff who have reached mastery and those working on practice and improvement plans.
*For added value, Agilec can offer multiple coding sessions over a longer duration of time (with the same coder) to work toward individual mastery in MI.
Call us at 1-800-361-4642 for more information.
Consulting Services – To Support Leadership Team in Successful Implementation of MI
Implementing MI techniques into your organization means that you’ll be asking your teams and staff to change. In order to change, one must be motivated to change.
As a leader, you play a key role in the successful implementation of MI across large organizations. That’s why we provide consulting services to support leaders in their goal to make the MI transition successful.
We recommend an organizational plan that encompasses the following:
- Key messages from leaders/organization about MI implementation
- The Spirit of MI – how does this relate to your culture/client service model
- Supporting staff to practice their MI skills and work toward mastery
- Evaluation of MI success
- What key factors do you want to see improve?
- How and when will you evaluate?
- Is this information readily available or are new process/tracking required?
- Community of practice – once the training is completed, how will you continue your MI journey?
We customize our training to meet your unique needs. Call us for additional information or to get a quote on customized programming for your organization. We will support you and your organization in MI development.
What people are saying about Agilec
You might also be interested in…
In the rush to reach outcomes and satisfy competing priorities, there’s often little time to consider what’s happening around us. In this webinar, discuss how we make ethical decisions.
Sign up to receive our emails containing the latest news and information.
By submitting this form, you give consent for Agilec to contact you through the email provided. Your email is safe with us. We will never sell or share your personal information to third parties. You may unsubscribe from our emails at any time.