Mental Health First Aid
This course includes:
Certification of completion
Mental Health First Aid is an evidence-based program of The Mental Health Commission of Canada. This Certification helps you recognize the signs and symptoms of a mental health problem or crisis so that you can effectively respond with a confident conversation and guide with appropriate resources and support. Training includes certification from the Mental Health Commission of Canada and a manual.
Recognize these signs and symptoms:
– Substance misuse and substance-related disorders
– Mood-related disorders, including depression and bipolar
– Anxiety and trauma-related disorders, including panic attacks and post-traumatic stress disorder
– Psychotic disorders, including schizophrenia
Learn how to handle these situations:
– Overdosing, signs and symptoms, as well as what to do until a healthcare professional arrives
– Assisting someone who is at a risk of suicide
– Acute stress reactions including panic attacks and how you can assist
– Psychotic episodes and what you need to know
Click on the button below to see upcoming dates for this training.
Meet Your Instructor
Crystal Dolliver is a certified Mental Health First Aid instructor with over 14 years facilitating courses including resilience, mental health, suicide prevention, leadership, ethics, and team health. Her professional experience includes coaching individuals to understand themselves, build resilience, and reach their potential.
As a facilitator and corporate trainer, she draws on her professional skills and has experience that includes coaching individuals with disabilities and assisting her clients to successfully return to work.
What people are saying about this training
Are you interested in group training
for 5 or more?
Call us today at 1-800-361-4642 x3010 or
book an online consult appointment with us.
Related Webinar Courses
Motivational Interviewing Foundation (Level 1)
Let's Stay in Touch
Join our mailing list and receive the latest communication from us.