WHAT IS A JOB PORTFOLIO?
- It is a showcase of your work samples that demonstrates the skills, knowledge, and qualities you have for the job.
- A job portfolio also conveys the following soft skills: organization, attention to detail, creativity, and flexibility.
5 THINGS TO INCLUDE:
- Title Page – Includes your name and contact information
- Table of Contents – Clearly presents each section of your portfolio
- Resume and Cover Letter – Include multiple copies of your resume and a copy of your cover letter for reference
- Supporting Documents – These include your References page, Letter(s) of Recommendation, Certificates/Degrees, Certifications/Licenses, Transcripts, and/or Awards
- Work Samples – Examples are: reports, project summary, illustrations, writing samples, volunteer work, etc.
- Use a 3 ring binder with sheet protectors for every page.
- Organize each section using dividers and labels.
- Use copies of your supporting documents, not the original.
- Tailor all of the contents of your job portfolio toward the job.
- There is plenty of room for creativity so make it your own!
Agilec’s Employment Services are free of charge – contact one of our locations today and get connected to an Employment Coach who can assist you with your job search!