Career Connect for Youth
Youth Employment Skills Strategy (YESS)
Designed to help youth navigate through the labour market and successfully transition into sustainable employment. These objectives are key in supporting the needs of youth – especially youth facing barriers – to develop skills, knowledge, and networks through education, skills development, and meaningful work experience.
• Between the ages of 15 & 30
• Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person granted refugee status
• Legally entitled to work in Canada
• Not currently employed
• Not in school
• Registered private sector employer or organization
• Have an existing vacant position
• Offer a relevant work experience for 26 weeks
Flexible employment services and enhanced supports for youth and employers.
As a youth, this program will help advance your career through work experience and skills development. As an employer, this is an opportunity to hire a youth with assistance and a wage subsidy.
All of our Government Services are free of charge.
Services for Job Seekers
- One-on-one assistance to support your needs to find your way to employment
- Skills and training workshops
- Paid work experience to gain on-the-job experience
Services for Employers
- Assistance in the selection of a youth who hasn’t yet transitioned into employment
- Wage subsidy to support a 26-week work experience
- Ongoing support for both the employer and youth
YESS Service Areas
Ajax | Barrie | Bracebridge | Burks Falls | Fergus | Hamilton | Innisfil | Kitchener | Minden | Mount Forest | Orillia | Ottawa
What people are saying about Agilec
You might also be interested in…
Sign up to receive our emails containing the latest news and information.
By submitting this form, you give consent for Agilec to contact you through the email provided. Your email is safe with us. We will never sell or share your personal information to third parties. You may unsubscribe from our emails at any time.