• Review damage report, repair orders and estimates of repair cost and plan work to be performed.
• Manage work assignments to achieve targets set out by the Production and Parts Efficiency Manager.
• Repair and replace front end components, body components, doors and frame and underbody components as per manufacturer’s specifications.
• Hammer out dents, buckles and other defects using blocks and hammers.
• Operate soldering equipment or use plastic filler to fill holes, dents and seams.
• Remove damaged fenders, panels and grills using wrenches and cutting torch and bolt or weld replacement parts into place.
• Straighten bent frames using frame and underbody pulling and anchoring equipment.
• File, grind and sand repaired body surfaces using hand and power tools.
• Mask and tape auto body surfaces in preparation for painting.
• Repair and replace glass components such as windshields, windows and sunroofs.
• Repair or replace interior components, such as seat frame assembly, carpets and floorboard insulation.
• Inspect repaired vehicles and test drive vehicles for proper handling.
• Install new and added-on equipment.
• Conduct first, second and third line repairs, modifications on vehicles.
• Monitor parts usage and report on any materials issues.
• Assist in ordering replacement equipment, parts and supplies.
• Accurate completion of work orders and time cards.
• Test repaired equipment for proper performance and ensure the achievement of quality standards in restoration and repair, in order to reduce and eliminate re-work and warranty claims.
• Keep detailed and accurate reports and documentation.
• Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology and repair techniques.
• Maintain safe working conditions and adhere to occupational health and safety regulations.
• Other related tasks as required.
• High school or college automotive body repair diploma.
• Body Technician license
• At least 2 years of experience as a Body Shop Technician preferred.
• Possess a valid drivers’ license.
• Proven abilities in automotive body repairs.
• Ability to work independently in a busy environment.
• Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
• Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Able to work well under pressure.
• Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
• Time Management
• Creative and Innovative Thinking
• Development and Continual Learning
• Problem Solving
• Accountability and Dependability
• Research and Analysis
• Decision Making and Judgement
• Operating Equipment
• Providing Consultation
• Ethics and Integrity
• Planning and Organizing
• Mathematical Reasoning
• Enforcing Laws, Rules and Regulations
• Mediating and Negotiating
• Coaching and Mentoring
• Energy and Stress Management
• Team Work
• Physical ability to lift up to 80 lbs.
• Travel to off-site locations may be required.
• Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
• Overtime as required.
• Hazards associated with the trade.
• Exposure to loud noises.
• Work both indoors and outdoors.
How to apply:
Via Agilec - firstname.lastname@example.org