Reporting to the Shop Foreman, the Senior Cabinet Maker will be responsible for ensuring a high quality of craftsmanship at all times, whilst keeping up productivity and performance levels. Working with your hands is what you love to do, and this makes you a perfect cabinet maker.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, AND NOT LIMITED TO:
– Generate a bill of materials from CAD drawings to construct woodworking items using the following tools and machinery: table saw, shaper, planer, band saw, jointer, miter saw, routers, drill press, panel saw, panel router and other small tools.
– Familiar with traditional and modern jointing techniques and fittings.
– Ability to grade and process raw materials such as solid boards of timber, sheet materials and veneers.
– Accurately measure, mark and cut hardwood and softwood lumber, panel products, including fiberboard and plywood, decorative laminates and solid surface materials.
– Must keep records of labor and materials used.
Comfortable around modern numerically controlled wood working machinery such as a speed sander and edge bander.
– Assist other woodworking components and assemblies to shop quality standards.
– Have working knowledge of safe and proper procedures of woodworking in accordance with local requirements.
– Provide instruction to Assistant Cabinetmakers on proper and safe procedures of wood cabinet and fixture construction.
– Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by management.
– Extensive experience manufacturing fine custom cabinetry, and working with all types of solid woods, wood veneers, MDF/HDF, Melamine, Laminates, etc.
– Min. 5 years’ experience cabinet fabrication – 3 years working without supervision
– Ability to read and interpret manufacturing drawings and specifications fluently.
– Thorough knowledge of millwork and related materials and hardware (door styles, finishes (PET/melamine/MDF/wood), decorative hardware, hardware, countertop surfacing, glass, moulding, etc.)
– Excellent attention to details
– Experience with material take-offs and ordering material
– Ability to work in a team environment.
– Must be self-motivated, able to work independently and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
How to apply:
Via Agilec - firstname.lastname@example.org