AJAX – EL/ML
JOB TITLE: Concierge
* Communicates directly with community members and guests in person and by telephone to handle their concerns and issues. Ensuring to pass on to the appropriate manager when necessary.
* Provides information on the community and services, events and arranges local activities.
* Arranges tours, travel, transportation when necessary.
* Arranges tickets, bookings, appointments and reservations.
* Provides access, entrance and exit supervision for community members and guests.
* Ensures the entrance and exits are kept free from any material that could pose a danger to the community members and guests.
* Assists community members with automobile issues where necessary
* Plans and arranges the necessary details and team support for conferences and parties for community members, internal and external groups.
* Responds to any emergency calls by or on the behalf of Community Members. Make calls to the Emergency Medical System and/or the Community Member’s emergency contact, as required.
* Ensures issue resolution relating to Concierge Services are followed through with in cooperation with Community Members, families, other V!VA Team Members.
* Ensure the delivery of services required by Community Members. This includes referring Community Members and families to the appropriate manager should they require additional services or information.
* Ensures that documentation will be kept up to date on every Community Member ensuring that any changes are noted within. This includes communication of this information to the rest of the team via means as necessary (email, written, verbal) ie phone number, moving suites, Leave of absence
* Conduct monthly, quarterly and annual audits as requested by the Services Manager
* Report any undesired behaviors, signs or symptoms that may attribute to the decline of general wellness of the Community Members.
* Follows and ensures effective Infection Control protocols are in place when needed ie outbreak
* Assistance with managing common areas ie perks, pub
* Attends and contributes to all Concierge department meetings and applicable Community meetings ie town hall
* Assists the Services Manager with developing departmental goals by providing input regarding the concierge department, Waterside operations, talent and training plan and Health & Safety/Risk plan
* Implements, monitors, and achieves all approved departmental goals as set out
* Other projects and responsibilities as assigned
SKILLS: Customer Service
* Post-secondary training or relevant experience in tourism or hospitality management would be preferred
* Some experience with seniors is desired
* Knowledge in MS office (outlook, word, excel)
* Excellent communication and customer service skills
* Strong knowledge of local community, area and region
* Good problem solving and organizational skills
* Ability to communicate clearly with peers and subordinates
* Ability to manage their time effectively with little supervision
* Up to date police check-vulnerable sector * verified annually
* Ability to work as a team member, understanding the priorities of others
* Able to bend, stretch, sit and stand for long periods. Able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs
* Ability to work flexible hours and weekends
* Available for call-ins
HOURS: Shift work – Flexible evenings and weekends
PAY: Depends on experience
* Covid conscious
* Flexible work hours
How to apply: