Highland Pines Campground
Under the direction of the Head of Maintenance, the Duty Manager will provide guidance and direction to all seasonal Maintenance and Housekeeping Staff, as well as coaching, and on the job instruction, for all aspects of maintenance within Highland Pines Campground; providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers, working seamlessly with all other departments to provide the best customer experience possible. This role will also be continually aware of, and maintain, the highest standards of professionalism by following the company dress code and/or wearing the company uniform; may also assume role of Head of Maintenance in their absence.
• Adhere to all appropriate workplace regulations and legislation regarding health and safety, accommodation standards, and company policies and procedures.
• Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
• Provide customers with information regarding amenities etc.
• Direct and monitor contractors and deliveries when and where required.
• Use all equipment and tools safely and how they were designed to be used.
• Foster and maintain good relationships with all seasonal and transient customers.
• Monitor the park, and our guests to the park so that adherence to the rules and standards are being met.
• Provide direction and leadership to maintenance and housekeeping staff, assign tasks and follow-up.
• Test Park water when required.
• Actively participate in tasks as required.
• Monitor supply inventories including but not limited to, pool chemicals and supplies, propane fuel, gasoline/diesel, cleaning supplies, tools etc.
• Participate in the relocation of Park Models where required. Ensure docks are always safe and accessible.
• Maintain vehicles and equipment and report when repairs are required.
• Aid when and where required to Office, Events, Sales, and Construction staff.
• Ensure all Pools and Splash Pads are always operating safely to code.
• Inspect and make repairs at Playgrounds when and where required.
• Operate equipment safely including but not limited to; Mules Tractors, Sweepers, Trucks, Trailers, Backhoe; to grade roads, move materials, crush garbage etc. Install/Replace fencing, utility posts, water service.
• Previous Landscape, Heavy Equipment, Housekeeping, Carpentry, is an asset.
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Minimum class G2 Ontario Driver’s license
• Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands.
• Ability to work individually and a s part of a team. Ability to lead and motivate.
• Ability to lift heavy objects, walk, and stand for long periods of time. Ability to perform strenuous physical labour.
• Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
• High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment.
• Must be able to wear and use appropriate P.P.E.
• Flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Interaction with customer/clients and the public at large
• Must be able and willing to work in adverse weather conditions.
Start Date: ASAP
Posted: July 28th, 2023
Please note this job is posted by Agilec on behalf of an employer. This employer is currently using Agilec’s recruiting services. Agilec is not a temporary nor staffing agency, we are an Employment Ontario Service Provider that offers no cost services to those in the community. Agilec welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to apply:
Via Agilec - Fergus@agilec.ca